U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 AM

9,086 posts, read 13,303,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Haha, I love how you've conveniently lived in every city you discuss (which is pretty much all of them), or you have a family member you used to visit who'd lived there. Your sister has lived a lot of places, hmmm?
Either hes lying or just plain trolling.
Atlanta expected to welcome 50 million visitors in 2015 - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Thats a lot of people coming to see"nothing".

The Martin Luther King Jr Center
Georgia Aquarium(the worlds largest)
The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library
World of Coca Cola
Gone With Thw Wind author Margaret Mitchell House
Walking Dead Tours
High Museum of Art
Stone Mountain
Kennesaw Mountain
Georgia Mountains nearby
and so much more but only and ignorant person would ignore any of that and right off as nothing to do just because there is no beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 01:59 PM

267 posts, read 239,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
What is with Rhode Islanders and Texas?
Maybe Rhode Islanders want to get out their tiny state to see how big Texas really is.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:10 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,168,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
In summer, the entire population of Texas vacations in my part of Colorado. I would consider vacations in Texas, because it has to be empty, but it's Texas, so no.
Here's one Texan you don't have to worry about, as I have little real interest and no current plans of visiting your state.

It amuses me that Coloradans have such a beef with us, when most Texans I know barely have that state on their radar.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 961,103 times
Not interested in going to California, sorry.

But I like how little ol' Rhode Islanders want to visit Texas.

And Alaskans want to visit Hawaii.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:52 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,601,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Those "50 million visitors" are conventioneers and business visits. How many leisure travel does Atlanta get

And lol at your list of things to see, I rest my case Atlanta has nothing to see. You think "World of Coca Cola" is interesting?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:45 PM

9,444 posts, read 18,363,374 times
Quote:
Atlanta expected to welcome 50 million visitors in 2015 - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Thats a lot of people coming to see"nothing".

The Martin Luther King Jr Center
Georgia Aquarium(the worlds largest)
The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library
World of Coca Cola
Gone With Thw Wind author Margaret Mitchell House
Walking Dead Tours
High Museum of Art
Stone Mountain
Kennesaw Mountain
Georgia Mountains nearby
and so much more but only and ignorant person would ignore any of that and right off as nothing to do just because there is no beach.
The only one of those attractions I saw in Atlanta was the MLK Center (was very moving, made my eyes well a bit). None of the others really interested me, and I can definitely give the World of Coca Cola a miss. To me Atlanta was good food, very fun nightlife, an easy place to be sociable (and I went there alone), and pretty decent shopping.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:11 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,346,398 times
Quote:
Im personally so sick of hearing about Austin.I dont think its that great over other Texas cities.
People who have to live thre hate it, the traffic has become unbearable, and Austinites wish they lived in a quiet, laid-ack place liike San Antonio. But there is a subset of people in Austin who endure its ills, in order to be in a social milieu that suits their present needs.

For Texas, I'd say the state most people want to visit is Tamaulipas, whee they have family that they don't get to see very often.

What are the motives of people responding to the poll? All those midwesterners who want to visit Minnesota probably either have family there, or want to avail themselves of the amenities of the large metrlopolis, like shopping or leisure entertainment. How literally do they mean "visit", as opposed to a more permanent move? Do they want to visit a certain person or family, or do they see some kind of touristic attraction?

Old 06-07-2015, 07:24 AM

4,270 posts, read 5,495,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
People who have to live thre hate it, the traffic has become unbearable, and Austinites wish they lived in a quiet, laid-ack place liike San Antonio. But there is a subset of people in Austin who endure its ills, in order to be in a social milieu that suits their present needs.

For Texas, I'd say the state most people want to visit is Tamaulipas, whee they have family that they don't get to see very often.

What are the motives of people responding to the poll? All those midwesterners who want to visit Minnesota probably either have family there, or want to avail themselves of the amenities of the large metrlopolis, like shopping or leisure entertainment. How literally do they mean "visit", as opposed to a more permanent move? Do they want to visit a certain person or family, or do they see some kind of touristic attraction?
There is actually no motive polled here, it's just about hotel bookings. My partner goes to Minneapolis all the time, but only for business since his company's other location is there. I imagine, then, if he used this website to book his work stay, he'd be counted as someone not only interested in travel, but interested in traveling to Minneapolis, even though he's only going there for business.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:10 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,874,805 times
Cities suck.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 AM

6,212 posts, read 7,398,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Cities suck.
Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or