U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:55 AM

5,089 posts, read 4,115,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
You will never sell me on Philly. I think ass highly of Philly as I do of Balitmore.... and sorry to offend, but to me they are Dirty gloomy cities. I think Lifestyle has to be as much about happiness from how you feel about the place you life ass it is about what that place has to offer.
Lol...I got my life with this lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 02:04 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,819,546 times
All of these cities that have been posted look pretty large with large crime also.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 AM

718 posts, read 730,046 times
agreed, I liked the line of thinking when Cities Like Nashville came up. I think Places like Denver, San Antonio, Portland, Even Phoenix should be considered

These cities are on the mid-tier level and have high quality of living. These are all cities that offer plenty of natural beauty, extracurricular activities that don't cost anything, good climate, decent economy, scenery etc.

I hate when people ask about cities to live and then everyone jumps in with New York, San Fran, Chicago..... I know these cities are great for some things, if you like to drain you accounts and live in a grind and rely on public transportation to get you everywhere why dealing with bad weather, high crime, terrible welfare systems (giving money to everyone with a pulse), the concrete jungle feel, sitting in hours of traffic every day. Sorry, that is for some people, but not for the rest.

San Francisco can hold some arguments to scenery and weather, but its cold in SF, Its not always sunny and 75 like people think. It more like foggy and 50 all the time. Still very beautiful outside the city though, probably one of my favorite places, but the city is dirty and smelly and the Sea Lions hanging out at the Warf are gross, stinky and noisy.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:36 AM

17,276 posts, read 19,566,600 times
Quote:
But ask yourself.... what does your city do for you to make your life better.
Hiking, Biking, Swimming, Fishing, Trail riding, Kayaking, Boating, Hunting, shopping, beaches, water, art festivals, fairs, parks, theatre, exhibits, etc... these (and many more I could list) are all types of things that people like to do on a regular basis that should play a part in how we can be excited about our city.
I take it that you don't think these can be done in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:18 AM

87 posts, read 222,384 times
Lived in NYC for over a decade. Now I live in Philly. Philly has everything I need at a much lower price and much less of a hassle. Ocean, mountains (Poconos), forest, all within easy striking distance. Also, great food, all major sports, big name concerts, great suburbs, tons of history etc. All in all, I'm very pleased here even as a cynical former New Yorker!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:24 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,401,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I take it that you don't think these can be done in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas?
Right, most cities offer all of those, including Philly.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:06 PM

11,844 posts, read 26,826,542 times
[quote= Originally Posted by rtloucks View Post
You will never sell me on Philly. I think ass highly of Philly as I do of Balitmore.... and sorry to offend, but to me they are Dirty gloomy cities. I think Lifestyle has to be as much about happiness from how you feel about the place you life ass it is about what that place has to offer.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree about Philly.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 PM

628 posts, read 759,610 times
Quote:
agreed, I liked the line of thinking when Cities Like Nashville came up. I think Places like Denver, San Antonio, Portland, Even Phoenix should be considered

These cities are on the mid-tier level and have high quality of living. These are all cities that offer plenty of natural beauty, extracurricular activities that don't cost anything, good climate, decent economy, scenery etc.

I hate when people ask about cities to live and then everyone jumps in with New York, San Fran, Chicago..... I know these cities are great for some things, if you like to drain you accounts and live in a grind and rely on public transportation to get you everywhere why dealing with bad weather, high crime, terrible welfare systems (giving money to everyone with a pulse), the concrete jungle feel, sitting in hours of traffic every day. Sorry, that is for some people, but not for the rest.

San Francisco can hold some arguments to scenery and weather, but its cold in SF, Its not always sunny and 75 like people think. It more like foggy and 50 all the time. Still very beautiful outside the city though, probably one of my favorite places, but the city is dirty and smelly and the Sea Lions hanging out at the Warf are gross, stinky and noisy.
"The city is dirty and smelly, and the sea lions are gross, stinky and noisy ".

Are you kidding? You sound like an eight year old.

If it weren't for all the poor people, transit options, traffic, crime and the feeling of actually living in a city with all that dang concrete, then urban life would be just swell. And could someone please tell the sea lions in San Francisco to keep it down, I'm trying to watch my cartoons.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:19 PM

18 posts, read 15,362 times
Birmingham Al.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or