U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,525,539 times

Advertisements

Thanks, JMatl for the suggestion!

Now that I'm on a computer, thought I'd add some pics I took in Clearwater Beach, FL two summers ago for the OP. Unfortunately they're not the best shots. I didn't really take any of the beach when it was sunny, not sure why looking back. I remember very sunny, very hot days (and some crazy rain), but didn't take a lot of pictures in general from that trip. But here's some of what I have. It shows how calm the water is, and a little bit of how clear it is, too. It really wasn't a Caribbean blue, it was kind of more greenish when you got close to it in the sunlight. Almost like an aqua. Still very nice though. I promise it was much prettier than these pictures suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Swimming Beaches in United States (with pics)-img_1611.jpg   Best Swimming Beaches in United States (with pics)-img_1618.jpg   Best Swimming Beaches in United States (with pics)-img_1698.jpg   Best Swimming Beaches in United States (with pics)-img_1691.jpg  

Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM

217 posts, read 212,587 times
^^

No... its okay, its very nice beach... Florida has amazing beaches.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:19 PM

5,304 posts, read 3,518,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Thanks, JMatl for the suggestion!

Now that I'm on a computer, thought I'd add some pics I took in Clearwater Beach, FL two summers ago for the OP. Unfortunately they're not the best shots. I didn't really take any of the beach when it was sunny, not sure why looking back. I remember very sunny, very hot days (and some crazy rain), but didn't take a lot of pictures in general from that trip. But here's some of what I have. It shows how calm the water is, and a little bit of how clear it is, too. It really wasn't a Caribbean blue, it was kind of more greenish when you got close to it in the sunlight. Almost like an aqua. Still very nice though. I promise it was much prettier than these pictures suggest.
You are very welcome! You would probably really like it, feels more small town beachy with nothing taller than 3 story's.

Those shots of Clearwater are great, despite the weather. I'll be there in October for the first time in years, it will be interesting to see the changes.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:02 PM

9,438 posts, read 18,351,454 times
Best swimming holes are in Hawaii with the natural pools at the base of the waterfalls. It's the Hawaiian dream. When we went to the Big Island we got access to a private property where we went off roading, then hiked down through an old sugar plantation and down to the waterfall. It was a euphoric moment.

Snorkeling off the Kona coast was the bomb diggity!

my photo

From the boat everybody was yelling my name, look a sea turtle. Well get a picture I said! Nice job

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 06-11-2015 at 07:12 PM..

Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 PM

1,743 posts, read 960,679 times
Are there any good swimming beaches close to Texas that would be warm enough by Spring Break and aren't hot spots for drunk college students?

Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 AM

5,304 posts, read 3,518,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Best swimming holes are in Hawaii with the natural pools at the base of the waterfalls. It's the Hawaiian dream. When we went to the Big Island we got access to a private property where we went off roading, then hiked down through an old sugar plantation and down to the waterfall. It was a euphoric moment.

Snorkeling off the Kona coast was the bomb diggity!

my photo

From the boat everybody was yelling my name, look a sea turtle. Well get a picture I said! Nice job
How cool!

Not counting an actual beach, the most amazing places I have ever gone swimming were the springs and Cenote's in Mexico, outside of Playa del Carmen.

Eco Park Kantun-Chi, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Travel By Mexico

To the OP, sorry this is off topic as it's not in the States but I wanted to share.

Last edited by JMatl; 06-12-2015 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-12-2015, 03:16 AM

11,897 posts, read 32,938,393 times
This is a gentle reminder that per the forum rules, please post pictures only if those pictures are yours. Even posting a picture and then a link is not allowed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Last edited by JMT; 06-12-2015 at 05:56 AM..

Old 06-12-2015, 05:37 AM

21,207 posts, read 30,412,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Marco Island is very nice, but it's getting pretty built up.

Anna Maria is very laid back and low key, and the sand looks like sugar. Lots of dolphins and manatees too. It's about an hour from the Tampa Airport.
Pass A Grille Beach is a bit of a hidden gem and worth a look too in my opinion. It has a bit of a Key West vibe but pretty conveniently sits at the extreme south end of St Pete Beach. Pass-a-Grille Beach, Florida – The Official Visitor's Site | Winner of TripAdvisor's 2013 Travelers Choice Award. Get off the grid in relaxing and historic Pass-a-Grille Beach, Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or