U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:00 AM

339 posts, read 294,973 times

Advertisements

I bet the US can put away more Twinkies than any other nation! And deep fried goods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 11:21 AM

5,914 posts, read 6,546,699 times
any nation that thinks it is "the #1 country in the world for everything" is the furthest thing removed from the #1 country in the world (although in all honesty, no such thing even exists)

Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 AM

4,925 posts, read 4,920,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
any nation that thinks it is "the #1 country in the world for everything" is the furthest thing removed from the #1 country in the world (although in all honesty, no such thing even exists)
Nazi Germany believed it was number one in everything during WW2 they tried to take over Europe but they failed.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:33 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,723,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Well good news! Nations are trees, grass, dirt, rock, buildings, water, etc... nations can't form thoughts like that.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:45 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,051,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Yup, every single country on earth has never invented anything ever, only the USA! Good grief!
Uh... you're welcome!

Old 06-19-2015, 09:31 PM

1,230 posts, read 976,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
To be fair, the crime rate is higher in Australia in some categories such as rape, burglary and general violent crime. Plus you can get good climate, diversity and low population in many US cities.
These statistics they put out are misleading. Different countries classify crimes differently and it also depends on what is reported. The US doesn't have a broad classification of "violent crime" that a lot of countries do.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:30 PM

13 posts, read 11,309 times
I find it funny all the USA haters on here , how bout this we are by far the most generous and giving nation when it come to charity . People still flock to this nation from all over the world. Yes we have faults but judging from the rest of the world we are little less ****ed up.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:11 PM

378 posts, read 355,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiytsa View Post
I find it funny all the USA haters on here , how bout this we are by far the most generous and giving nation when it come to charity . People still flock to this nation from all over the world. Yes we have faults but judging from the rest of the world we are little less ****ed up.
Are they flocking here from good countries? No!
Where they are coming from, nobody wants to live.
Face the facts, we used to be a country that most of the world wanted to either be or be part off. Now we area country that only the people in counties that really suck, want to escape too because they cannot get into one of the better countries in Europe.

FYI I have served this country and fought in wars for it. In that service, I have lived in several other countries and have found that they many of them are taking much better care of their citizens than the US is for it's citizens. America only takes care of the Neo-Nobility while ignoring the masses. Our founding fathers would be applaud to see how we have become like the old Europe that they rebelled against.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,525,717 times
Quote:
Where are the USA haters? All I see are objective people correcting the OP.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:33 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,723,856 times
Quote:
I am surprised that you find it surprising that people are reacting with resentment... USA is great but going around saying we are #1 is a put down to every other country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or