U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:40 AM

17,347 posts, read 19,615,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernwilly View Post
I see what you did ther.
Nice spin there.
The USA is #5,but if you eliminate all countries that have populations under 25 million then they are number one. .............of course, most countries are small, so this way you get to disqualify most of the world.
The point is that it is far simpler to provide a good standard of living and social programs for a population that is < 8% that of the U.S. and much more homogeneous.

That's why the comparisons are not very valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 07:07 AM

9,455 posts, read 18,381,877 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 AM

1,065 posts, read 709,208 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAF_3WMJGM
Why America IS the greatest country in the world.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,713,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Sounds like there's a bunch of American haters here.
You don't have to hate something to be objective about it.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM

12,347 posts, read 10,345,461 times
I think the OP is a fake troll post. I don't for one minute believe that poster believes the crap posted. Just doing it to rile up a thread.

And as far as 300M and counting, when are we all going to agree the US is just too large to effectively manage anymore, and think about a peaceful parting of the ways?

Old 06-17-2015, 01:17 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,750,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
What's with this "we are #1" crap? It doesn't freakin mean anything, it's an egotistical, anger provoking, empty, useless, false statement. All countries have positives and negatives, and many have a higher quality of life than the U.S. as determined by several metrics. Statements like those made in the threads's title are so embarassing. Overly zealous patriots, please stop embarassing the normal folks in this country. This is not a football game.

*edited to remove statements that might get me banned*
Things like this i don't understand

i don't share the same opinion as these people either but i don't see why i should be embarrassed by them... ?

Old 06-17-2015, 02:24 PM

339 posts, read 296,056 times
ROTFL.... is this thread for real??!!

Old 06-17-2015, 04:34 PM

800 posts, read 646,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
All those Top Ten countries are almost all Caucasian. No wonder!
Nine of those countries were colonized, either.

The effects of colonization, in the classical European sense or in the more contemporary US-USSR Cold War proxy sense has set many countries back decades. Many of these countries you speak disparagingly about are often nothing more than arbitrary agglomerations of people from disparate cultures grouped together only for the economic benefit of colonial powers. Now that colonialism by country has faded, multi-national corporations have exerted their will upon the fractured governments of these nations, rendering these states beneficial only to these corporate entities rather than the people.

I thought this was common knowledge. Apparently not.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:53 AM

577 posts, read 541,886 times
Unless you've lived in every country on Earth, for an equal amount of time, saying your country is the best country is as ridiculous as only ever watching one movie your entire life and saying "this is the best movie ever made!"

Old 06-18-2015, 10:22 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,713,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Unless you've lived in every country on Earth, for an equal amount of time, saying your country is the best country is as ridiculous as only ever watching one movie your entire life and saying "this is the best movie ever made!"
Good point. It's like people who post saying their city or state is the best in the US. It may be best for them but not for someone else. Many times those who say that have never been anywhere out of their own neighborhood so how would they even know to make a comparison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or