U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 AM

452 posts, read 474,691 times

Advertisements

Bold statement? No. This is America, we invent everything. Others may take and/or improve on it, but we still invent it. Technology and medicine would be nothing without us.

Other countries may boast individual statistics, like the Nordic free education or what have you...but as a WHOLE, as a CONGLOMERATE, we are easily #1.

You have running water and medical access everywhere. Schools are everywhere. You can travel freely from city to city, state to state, and see different scenery, culture, and food that you can not do anywhere else. Just our land mass alone supports that. Tropical, Mediterranean, cold winters, mountains, farms, New England, progressive Seattle, you name it.

The closest to us would be Australia or Europe, but Australia is much smaller. Europe still requires passports to travel, and those are many countries, not one.

People may ***** and moan, self included, but there is absolutely no way I'd rather live anywhere else. I wont even travel outside this place, I have no urge to.I've road tripped 44 states of this place, and have no plans to stop soon. I'd say Colorado, South Dakota, and Tennessee were my fav's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:38 AM

280 posts, read 236,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
People may ***** and moan, self included, but there is absolutely no way I'd rather live anywhere else. I wont even travel outside this place, I have no urge to.I've road tripped 44 states of this place, and have no plans to stop soon. I'd say Colorado, South Dakota, and Tennessee were my fav's.
This explains a lot.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,004,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Bold statement? No. This is America, we invent everything. Others may take and/or improve on it, but we still invent it. Technology and medicine would be nothing without us.

Other countries may boast individual statistics, like the Nordic free education or what have you...but as a WHOLE, as a CONGLOMERATE, we are easily #1.

You have running water and medical access everywhere. Schools are everywhere. You can travel freely from city to city, state to state, and see different scenery, culture, and food that you can not do anywhere else. Just our land mass alone supports that. Tropical, Mediterranean, cold winters, mountains, farms, New England, progressive Seattle, you name it.

The closest to us would be Australia or Europe, but Australia is much smaller. Europe still requires passports to travel, and those are many countries, not one.

Bold? Not so much.

Uninformed? Most definitely.

Misplaced? Without a doubt.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 AM

452 posts, read 474,691 times
Have you ever seen the natural beauty of these areas? I-70 west of Denver, Mt Rushmore and the Badlands, or the Smoky Mountains? Unbelievable and unparallelled.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:09 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,555,583 times
Wow. Just no.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,570,704 times
This sounds more like the right wing chest pounding you'd find inter politics forum.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM

4,024 posts, read 2,566,782 times
Its rapidly becoming the no.1 country for a Communist dictator. Its rapidly becoming the no. 1 country where political correctness must be adhered to at all times. If you don't adhere to the liberal left you are to be destroyed, beaten down, silenced.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:44 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,249,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Its rapidly becoming the no.1 country for a Communist dictator. Its rapidly becoming the no. 1 country where political correctness must be adhered to at all times. If you don't adhere to the liberal left you are to be destroyed, beaten down, silenced.
I'd like you to give some examples of anywhere on earth you would be happy. Name any country.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:45 AM

3,190 posts, read 2,509,639 times
https://youtu.be/wTjMqda19wk

Old 06-15-2015, 11:51 AM

8,307 posts, read 11,161,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
I'd like you to give some examples of anywhere on earth you would be happy. Name any country.
What he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or