U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 06:59 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,760,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
51K people out of 36 million people... Figure out that percentage and put that into perspective.. What type of procedures were they getting - maybe some plastic surgery and minor electives thrown into the bunch.. 51K people is a drop in the bucket and isn't even worth quoting unless Canada had a population of 250K people.
My guess is that the vast majority of those 51,000 Canadians were tourists who had accidents and thus needed some kind of emergency care while on vacation in the US.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:50 PM

3,806 posts, read 5,208,442 times
In parts. I think people from Toronto and Vancouver are probably pretty similar to folks in large cities in the U.S. I think the Prairie Provinces are similar to the Plains states if not the U.S. as a whole while the same can be said for Yukon and Nunavut and Alaska. Quebec obviously is different. The overlooked part is the Maritime Provinces which due to the Scottish and French influence are different from the US

Old 07-04-2015, 08:13 PM

6,438 posts, read 9,973,899 times
This has to be the most uninformed post I have ever read on City-Data. I don't know some Canadians are desperate to be seen as a separate entity from Americans. There are NO MAJOR DIFFERENCES WHATSOEVER to our countries. We have a FEW cultural, ethnic, and accent differences but besides that, people across the world can't tell the difference between us from Adam. We speak the same languages, have the same races, have the same varied likes/dislikes, and personalities. I can't even believe this now banned person had the nerve to say the U.S. is mostly conservative while taking Canada out of the equation. Seriously? Canada consist of MOSTLY conservatives with the exception of the big cities. And as for guns? Last I heard, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, & Ontario all have high rates of gun ownership. This thread is annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.