U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 AM

404 posts, read 737,677 times

Advertisements

In my experience, New England has more small scale beauty, while the west has more large scale beauty. The west is more dramatic with huge mountains, big wide open spaces, and sprawling vistas, but when you get up close and personal, there isn't as much going on compared to the east (with the exception of parts of the PNW). You have big brown fields of grass, mountain trails full of dead pine needles, dirt, and rocks. Occasionally wildflowers.

The northeast is bursting with life. Depending upon what part you are in, that could be more nature or urban life. In my yard I see deer, rabbits, raccoon, birds, squirrels, etc. I can barely see my neighbors through the dense leaves in the spring/summer. Everything is green. I have many reasons for wanting to leave the northeast, but the natural beauty is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 AM

5,179 posts, read 669,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
Does New England have nice scenery? or is it flat and boring?
You be the judge...I'm sure that other NE states have similar videos about them. This one just happen to cross my FB feed today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=157&v=IvkK_FpXTQU

Old 08-24-2015, 07:31 PM

4,897 posts, read 1,827,261 times
Rhode Island

https://youtu.be/zsrt1oNUmUQ

Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 PM

7,129 posts, read 9,899,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
You be the judge...I'm sure that other NE states have similar videos about them. This one just happen to cross my FB feed today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=157&v=IvkK_FpXTQU
Very nice video.

Connecticut is not one of our more exciting states, it is often very quiet compared to other East coast states. But it sure is a pretty state.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,242,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
In my experience, New England has more small scale beauty, while the west has more large scale beauty. The west is more dramatic with huge mountains, big wide open spaces, and sprawling vistas, but when you get up close and personal, there isn't as much going on compared to the east (with the exception of parts of the PNW). You have big brown fields of grass, mountain trails full of dead pine needles, dirt, and rocks. Occasionally wildflowers.

The northeast is bursting with life. Depending upon what part you are in, that could be more nature or urban life. In my yard I see deer, rabbits, raccoon, birds, squirrels, etc. I can barely see my neighbors through the dense leaves in the spring/summer. Everything is green. I have many reasons for wanting to leave the northeast, but the natural beauty is not one of them.
That's great and all. But the first paragraph couldn't be further from the truth.

Not raggin' on the northeast, as I agree it's beautiful, but there is plenty of small-scale yet interesting life in the west. Hell, after rainy years even Death Valley, the epitome of a desolate environment, sees massive wildflower blooms of all different colors. Wild flowers are found everywhere in the west, from the foothills in LA to the deserts to the Sierra Nevada. They don't "occasionally" show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or