Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 05:19 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinghobo View Post
I'm white and I grew up poor in black ghettos my whole life an went to all black schools and it was quite simply hell on earth. Not a single day would go by I wasn't overtly discriminated against often by an authority figure or officer of the law and I always knew a brutal beating or even death could happen at any time just for being white and living where I lived. To make matters worse my own people from the outside hated me and treated me like I wasn't even white just because I was a poor kid from the hood. They went out of there way to let me know I will never be one of them and I was less than them and even blacks too. It was horrible and lonely almost like not even having a race.
That's horrible, and so are the attitudes you describe coming from other whites in other areas. They're completely clueless and despicable. Growing up in an overwhelmingly black area doesn't make you any less white.

We have to start thinking way less individualistically as a race. That's what all other races have done when faced with racial conflict. And make no mistake about it, we are faced with it. But you're almost always in a more vulnerable position if you're not economically well off. Your story, which is not unique, should silence anyone who thinks this thread is worthless or that whites shouldn't think about such a thing, or that we don't have racial/ethnic interests (which all other races are permitted to fight for while remaining politically correct).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 08:05 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,891,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Best States for White People
Utah
Hawaii
Idaho
South Carolina
Arizona
Colorado
North Carolina
Montana
Wyoming
Texas

What do you think about these choices?
You are going to have to take some of these off the list. A couple of those states allow better privileges for foreigners, which are mainly non-white. Such as free college tuition, etc.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:07 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,891,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajams22 View Post
LOL Hawaii is the best for white people? Although I'm not really sure what constitutes the "best" state for white people (I'm white). When I was in Maui a few years back, a couple Hawaiian guys were driving their truck down the main drag in Lahaina, and on the back it had the US flag crossed out and the phrase, "ERADICATE THE WHITE MAN" was in stencil on the tailgate.

And judging by the history of relations between Hawaii and the mainland US, that's probably not entirely unfounded.
I saw similar things in Texas. Tons of Anti-American signs and flags.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:49 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinghobo View Post
I honestly highly doubt it could be as bad. I had been to the ER for life threatening injuries twice by the time I was 12 because of my race and race alone. We moved because local blacks had been burning down the few other whites peoples houses in the hood and were murdering them in public too. There were people that would stand on street corners with megaphones screaming we need to kill all the white babies etc. I had to stop attending school because being white was just not safe. They were murdering us down there often just for being white. It was a militant movement of racists that belived killing whites was gods plan and they acted on it and no one not even the local media cared but like I said when we moved to a different black neighborhood in a different city I didn't experience it at all. But the black folks in the new hood had been places outside of there small project and most were not even poor just working class. In the neighborhood where I was treated poorly almost everyone was unemployed or addicted to something and the entire police force of the town was all white and extremely brutal and violent especially towards blacks.
The ironic part though is the level of violent crime and gang activity was actually worse in the nicer hood where I was treated well. My theory is because the drug trade was super profitable there. In high school I had friends driving 100 thousand dollar cars eating at five star restaurants cause they sold heroin or coke. There was alot of rich drug dealers and you would see guys that looked like rap stars but just sold dope all the time. In the racist hood there were no real ballers.everyone was poor and desperate and the "big time" drug dealers were not really that big time at all. Probably cause in the racist hood the drug dealers only clientele were the local crackheads. In the non racist ones we had people of every race coming from all over the state and even the country to there just to buy dope or set up shop and sell drugs. It was actually a very safe neighborhood unless you were involved in the drug trade than it was super violent and dangerous. If you were a normal guy it was super safe because people from the hood wouldnt prey on non gang members in the hood and if someone from the outside came in and messed with you even if you were not affiliated, the local gangs would click up and retaliate violently against the outsiders that tried to victimize there neighbors not involved in crime. They took that very personally. If you ever got robbed or beat up by an outsider there was never a need to call the police. Your neighbors that are bloods crops etc would take the law in there own hands and hurt those people with or without your permission and it didn't matter what race you were if you were from the hood an not a snitch or a punk anyone not from the hood would pay possibly with there life for messing with you even if you didn't want them to pay.
Your situation was bad, but it can be just as bad in reverse or in other combinations of race. I believe that you had a really horrible time, but there is always someone worse off than you.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 6,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Your situation was bad, but it can be just as bad in reverse or in other combinations of race. I believe that you had a really horrible time, but there is always someone worse off than you.
I've yet to meet a black person younger than 60 that has been thru the things I have. When I hear them complain about rack it doesn't even sound like racism to me. All i hear about is police stops for no reason, ppl following you in stores or locking there doors when you walk by and other minor things that happen to everyone and when its happened to me didnt bother me. I know and understand violent "we are going to kill you because you are ____" racism. "You are not allowed to learn because you are______" racism. I very very rarely meet a black person that isn't a senor citizen that can relate. There complaints always sounded like heavon to me.

I'm not denying that its not out there. The system itself is biased against them and just look at Charleston but its so rare. My experience was not. White folks are terrorized in most ghettos and no one cares cause we are just n*****s to our own people that don't live there. I've actually been called that quite a few times by white people with money. I've also been told by them that I am the worst kind of n***er because I chose to be one..... ??? Wtf? I hate white and black people both with all my heart I don't belong here. Both groups are violent hypocrites racists and I myself am white. White and black peoples hatred and stupidity have me suffering from PTSD and other mental illnesses and I have physical scars too. Latinos and Asians have always treated me well. I choose to live with and around them. I will marry one, one day and never have to deal with you people again thank god. I try to change but its hard. I hate white and black people both so much each for different reasons. I only like whites that grew up like me cause the rest of you never liked or accepted us so you can f*** off. You are not my people and oreos an uncle toms are the only black people worth talking to IMO. The rest of you both black and white leave me the f*** alone. I'm done making excuses for hateful destructive morons. Call me a sellout if you want your right I am one and I'm proud. I can't wait till I can assimilate into an Asian or Latino culture and breed this filthy trash out of my bloodline. I am not one of you f*** you. It will be a glorious day once the Chinese and Mexicans take over this country and out than keep you black and white trash at the bottom where you belong.

Last edited by travelinghobo; 07-25-2015 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-25-2015, 05:22 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajams22 View Post
LOL Hawaii is the best for white people? Although I'm not really sure what constitutes the "best" state for white people (I'm white). When I was in Maui a few years back, a couple Hawaiian guys were driving their truck down the main drag in Lahaina, and on the back it had the US flag crossed out and the phrase, "ERADICATE THE WHITE MAN" was in stencil on the tailgate.

And judging by the history of relations between Hawaii and the mainland US, that's probably not entirely unfounded.
White people are definitely not very popular in Hawaii, though they spend a good deal of money there.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
White people are definitely not very popular in Hawaii, though they spend a good deal of money there.
Haole (/ˈhaʊliː/; Hawaiian [ˈhɔule]) is a term used in the U.S. state of Hawaii to refer to individuals of non-Hawaiian ancestry, in contrast to those of native Hawaiian ancestry and the other ethnicities that were brought in to work the plantations.
Courtesy Wikipedia

Very subtle, not even listed as derogatory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.