Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:58 PM

10 posts, read 12,020 times

Advertisements

So my friends and I are city nerds like you guys and we recently took Buzzfeed's quiz called "What U.S. city should you really live in?" We all thought the results were pretty inaccurate and was hoping that more intelligent folk like yourself would be able to assign us a city based on our personality and likes/dislikes. This is purely for fun but it would be interesting to look at each other as cities (if that makes sense). I don't know exactly how you would convert a certain person to a city but I guess the best method would be to link them to a city with a populace that are similar to them.

David - The joker in the group who plays the fool often but is actually really intelligent. Not very confrontational and loves indie rock music (playing many instruments). Very introverted and hates going out clubbing but enjoys going to bars and having a relaxed drink. Enjoys smoking marijuana but doesn't have the reputation as a stoner, quite the opposite (he's very clean cut but enjoys smoking up every once in a while). Wants to work in politics in the future and is a centrist/leaning conservative. Makes casual racist remarks often. Quite likes sports, particularly soccer and sometimes football. Very organized/reliable and gets good exam marks. Clean freak. Quite shy. Likes rainy days and overcast autumn days.

Sue - A nice girl who loves family and places them first. She is the least intelligent in the group based on exam results and is a party animal. She isn't very classy and doesn't take herself too seriously. She is a slob and has a very messy dorm room. Does work late and doesn't follow current affairs. Loves clubbing and partying as well as going to the beach and getting tans. Fashion is imporant to her. Likes hot summer days.

Olivia - A quieter, sarcastic girl who enjoys indie music. She is surprisingly promiscuous and very left wing. Has Tumblr and follows social justice blogs. A follower. She gets very jealous if her friends leave her out or don't include her a lot. Not a leader, always the one to follow others around. Quite messy and unorganized.

Dominika - The most organized of the girls. Comes from a rich family and is very promiscious and blatantly so. She is very social and is the one who always takes pictures when we go out. Has a large group of friends and acts much older than she actually is. Likes mainstream music and clubbing.

Aron (me!) - I like indie music. Fashion is important to me. Love drinking alcohol and going out clubbing. Enjoy flirting with women. I would say I am quite intelligent and I get a lot of female attention from the girls in our group and around college. A bit of a follower though. I love soccer an like film.

What cities would we flourish in individually? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 08:59 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,931,068 times
Being an INFP I don't think there is anywhere in the United States that fits my personality. The US as a whole is ESTJ; I'd say the West Coast and New England would be more ISTJ.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Being an INFP I don't think there is anywhere in the United States that fits my personality. The US as a whole is ESTJ; I'd say the West Coast and New England would be more ISTJ.
Is that Miers-Brigs? My ex gf used to talk about that a lot. What MBTI are those in OP? Maybe that will help assign a city!

Old 07-18-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Locals View Post
Is that Miers-Brigs? My ex gf used to talk about that a lot. What MBTI are those in OP? Maybe that will help assign a city!
Yup. I used to wonder why I didn't feel like I "fit in" in the US, and then I realized I'm an INFP, which is the exact opposite of the ESTJ which is the "norm" for America. Being a male INFP is very rare only about 1-3% of men are INFPs.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Yup. I used to wonder why I didn't feel like I "fit in" in the US, and then I realized I'm an INFP, which is the exact opposite of the ESTJ which is the "norm" for America. Being a male INFP is very rare only about 1-3% of men are INFPs.
How would you type those in the OP from what i have written?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:21 AM

Anyone?

Old 07-19-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Locals View Post
How would you type those in the OP from what i have written?
For starts, I'd say Sue is ESFJ and Olivia might be INTJ.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
For starts, I'd say Sue is ESFJ and Olivia might be INTJ.
What about David? I am an ESTP, i took the test. What cities fit David's type and ESFJ and INTJs the best in your MBTI expert opinion?

Old 07-19-2015, 01:23 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,958,648 times
I'll play.

David: Austin
Sue: Miami
Olivia: Seattle
Dominika: Los Angeles
Aron: Manhattan

Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I'll play.

David: Austin
Sue: Miami
Olivia: Seattle
Dominika: Los Angeles
Aron: Manhattan
Interesting! Conversely, what cities would we dislike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.