Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:13 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times

Advertisements

Any place with a'"big sky", so prairies, coast line, and parts of the desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
I'm sorry but WI is not the Keys. No offense.
Who said it was? The hell are you talking about?

You said that Key West is the only place where people gather for sunsets, which is 100% provably false.

Quote:
The only place where sunsets are a nightly ritual. Another vote here.
Either back away from your ridiculous false statement, or drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Sorry but those places are nowhere near the level of Key West as far as tourism...and I certainly hope you aren't trying to say they are. I'm sure they have beautiful sunsets and people do make point of watching them, but come on - it's a religion in a resort town like Key West or any number of other resorts.

God, people will try to argue about anything on this site! If it's up, someone will argue to the death that it's really down.
So you are arguing that Key West is the only place where people gather to see sunsets? Because that was what I was responding to directly - and it's false.

In the 3 months of summer vacation, Door County attracts over 2,000,000 visitors; year-round, Key West attracts 8,000,000. Not that it matters, but during the time I was mentioning (where tourists gather for sunsets/sunrises), there are a nearly-identical amount of tourists crossing into Door County as there are crossing into Key West. In both places, sunsets/sunrises are a large attraction.

You are the one belaboring/arguing this to death - are you seriously saying that you agree with this?:

Quote:
The only place where sunsets are a nightly ritual. Another vote here.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:12 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,526,857 times
Sunset Celebration- Nightly Arts Festival at Mallory Square in Key West

I looked up Key West. Looks like they literally celebrate the sunset every night there. Can't say we do that in Seattle -- we celebrate the sun's appearance once a year during the summer solstice, lol. It must be spectacular, and fun, in Key West.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:42 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,526,857 times
West Seattle summer: Two-stage sunset paints the sky

Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
Longboat ky FL

We will be visiting AZ, sedona area and believe there will be some very beautiful sunsets there as well.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
In Phoenix Arizona after the long hot summer days for sure.
California has had some pretty good ones too obviously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.