Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,765 times

Advertisements

Me and my boyfriend are looking for a conservative mountain town with mild weather if such a place exists. I really love rural areas but am open to being close to a small city for the job opportunities.

Most importantly I am looking for a town/small city that is CONSERVATIVE, AFFORDABLE and WHITE. I would like to live close to or in the mountains too if possible and good weather (think Bay Area). I am willing to deal with some snow and heat, but I don't like either extremes. I want preferably little to no muslims.

I've been looking into Utah, Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Montana (probably way too cold), Tennessee and North Carolina. I'm just looking for some suggestions for places to look into.

It is probably important to note my boyfriend is a truck driver and I am trying to become a middle/high school teacher. We will be looking for jobs in those fields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:50 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Johnson City, Tennessee.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:57 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Southern Oregon.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:42 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
If you're flexible on the weather, large swaths of West Virginia could work for you. I first thought of Beckley, but it's probably larger than you're looking for, and the share of the population that is white is lower than I had recalled it being. But other parts could work. Oak Hill comes to mind.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
Salt Lake City Metro or Colorado Springs would recommendations.

Of course "mild" is a relative term in the west. It means comfortable for the most part. The flip side is we do get the occasional weather extremes, like a few 100 degree days in summer to nasty blizzards in winter. These are the exception though, not the rule.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:19 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
I would really check out the Mid South. There are parts of North Carolina, Alabama, and Tennessee that would be perfect.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:41 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Salt Lake City Metro or Colorado Springs would recommendations.

Of course "mild" is a relative term in the west. It means comfortable for the most part. The flip side is we do get the occasional weather extremes, like a few 100 degree days in summer to nasty blizzards in winter. These are the exception though, not the rule.
I would recommend CO Springs to the OP as well. Or Pueblo.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:26 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I would recommend CO Springs to the OP as well. Or Pueblo.
Colorado Springs has a population of about 440,000 and is "only" about 70 percent white. I would suspect that it's too large and not white enough for the OP's desires. If they would be interested in looking in the Front Range, I would think that Castle Rock (53,000 population; 83 percent white) might work better. Though, affordability might be an issue.

From what I've heard, the area around Greenville, SC sounds like it would fit the OP's desires.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:24 PM

Thank you to the people who did post relevant replies, I will look into them. If you think of any other places I would love to hear them.

Last edited by ShnookleBean; 10-04-2015 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-05-2015, 05:36 PM

I have no problem with nonwhite people that work hard and are conservative. I live in NYC so I have to deal with all these people on an everyday business. Educated black people don't seem to want to live in black neighborhoods either. They are full of crime. People like to blame it on poverty but the fact is there are parts of the Appalachian mountains that are extremely poor but their violent crime rates are nowhere near the levels of majority black communities. It's not racist, it's just fact.

There are housing projects across from a shelter I frequent and we have had glass bottles thrown at us while walking abused and abandoned dogs. While I have walked there I have been yelled at by a black man for politely turning down his advances. On the trains and buses who are starting fights? In almost all instances I've seen it's by blacks.

Don't liberals like you hate white people gentrifying black neighborhoods though?

The point is why does it matter if I want to live in a majority white conservative town? If it was any other race or group I bet no one would have a problem with it. Would you say something to a black person wanting to live in a mostly black neighborhood? If you don't maybe you should take a look at yourself and figure out why you have a racist double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.