Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:41 PM

12,934 posts, read 9,546,038 times

Advertisements

Is there any other city with as many suburbs with names ending in Heights, as in the Cleveland Ohio suburbs. They have Cleveland Heights, University Heights, Shaker Heights, Warrensville Heights, Middleburg Heights, and Broadview Heights. They seem to be the city of the heights, but I know Chicago have a few such as Hardwood Heights, Chicago Heights, and South Chicago Heights. I never heard of Heights until I lived in the Midwest in Chicago and Cleveland for a short period. I believe this is mostly Midwestern, but I do know of City Heights in San Diego from being stationed there on 32nd street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,006,857 times
Houston doesn't have any suburbs with heights but a well known area/neighborhood is called Houston Heights, I think houston has quite a few -lands(Woodlands, Pearland, Sugar Land, Meyerland-Neighborhood- City (Bay City, Texas City, League City, -Villages.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:36 PM

92,053 posts, read 122,212,769 times
Detroit has Madison Heights, Dearborn Heights and Sterling Heights in its metro. In the Twin Cities, there's Inver Grove Heights, Mendota Heights, Falcon Heights, Columbia Heights, Vadnais Heights and Oak Park Heights.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Detroit has Madison Heights, Dearborn Heights and Sterling Heights in its metro. In the Twin Cities, there's Inver Grove Heights, Mendota Heights, Falcon Heights, Columbia Heights, Vadnais Heights and Oak Park Heights.
So, is this more or less a Midwestern thing.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:51 PM

27,261 posts, read 28,327,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Is there any other city with as many suburbs with names ending in Heights, as in the Cleveland Ohio suburbs.
These are in Washington DC and Maryland:

Columbia Heights
Cathedral Heights
Friendship Heights
Potomac Heights
Massachusetts Heights
Wesley Heights
16th Street Heights
Benning Heights
Marshall Heights
Congress Heights
Garfield Heights
Hillcrest Heights
Berwyn Heights
Braddock Heights
Capitol Heights
District Heights
Fairmount Heights
Forest Heights
Marlow Heights
Cedar Heights

Interestingly, there aren't any names like these across the river in Virginia to my knowledge. I guess they don't like heights.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
These are in Washington DC and Maryland:

Columbia Heights
Cathedral Heights
Friendship Heights
Potomac Heights
Massachusetts Heights
Wesley Heights
16th Street Heights
Benning Heights
Marshall Heights
Congress Heights
Garfield Heights
Hillcrest Heights
Berwyn Heights
Braddock Heights
Capitol Heights
District Heights
Fairmount Heights
Forest Heights
Marlow Heights
Cedar Heights

Interestingly, there aren't any names like these across the river in Virginia to my knowledge. I guess they don't like heights.
Wow, that's a whole lot of Heights. Looks like the DC metro is the real city of Heights.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:18 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,251,153 times
I live in Citrus Heights (California) near Sacramento.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:00 AM

12,000 posts, read 12,850,823 times
Washington Heights, Hudson Heights, Crown Heights, Brooklyn Heights, Dyker Heights, Prospect Heights, Jackson Heights, Morris Heights, Fordham Heights, Woodlawn Heights in NYC.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 AM

3,450 posts, read 4,494,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So, is this more or less a Midwestern thing.
There aren't any "Heights" in Milwaukee or Madison that I know of. The highest concentration I've seen are in Cleveland, though I know there are a good number in Chicago and Detroit, and now I know that there are a ton in the DC area.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:16 AM

1,014 posts, read 3,568,623 times
In Columbus Ohio we have Grandview Heights =however that is a very urban walkable inner ring suburb that is surround by the city itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.