U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 620 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I currently live in the west coast with my husband and daughter. My husband was offered the option to move anywhere east of Chicago and we're looking forward to that. We've been thinking that Charlotte ou Atlanta could be a good option, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions. This is what we're looking for:
great public schools district,
close to a major airport (is a must),
Houses around 450k,
We'd love to have access to mountains or lakes,
Regarding weather we've only eliminated Florida,
We are foodies, so good restaurants and nice coffee shops are a plus,
Plenty activities for kids
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 PM

56,664 posts, read 80,973,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol21 View Post
Hi,
I currently live in the west coast with my husband and daughter. My husband was offered the option to move anywhere east of Chicago and we're looking forward to that. We've been thinking that Charlotte ou Atlanta could be a good option, but I'd really appreciate any suggestions. This is what we're looking for:
Houses around 450k,
We'd love to have access to mountains or lakes,
Thanks!
That could be a lot of places east of Chicago. Is there anything else that you could be interested in or prefer?

Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 AM

21,198 posts, read 30,396,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol21 View Post
Hi,
Houses around 450k,
We'd love to have access to mountains or lakes

Thanks!
A top contender in my opinion should be Durham-Chapel Hill NC.

The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public Schools are number one in NC and one of the top districts in the country. RDU airport is easy to use/non-congested and has a significant number of non-stop destinations (40), your housing budget is more than well-suited for desirable options, you're within an easy 2 hour drive of the mountains and minutes to Durham's Jordan Lake, has pretty much a perfect four season climate with equal distribution of seasons without the extremes, plenty of kid's activities and lastly a nationally known restaurant/foodie scene in both Durham and Chapel Hill with excellent restaurants, gourmet/specialty foods shops, both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's plus a nationally ranked year-round farmers market (in Carrboro) as well as other markets too.

About - Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools
Airline Destinations | Raleigh-Durham International Airport
The Tastiest Town in the South | Durham, NC
Carrboro Farmers' Market
Chapel Hill Kids - Activities, Festivals and Events around Chapel Hill, NC

Old 10-07-2015, 06:49 AM

56,664 posts, read 80,973,859 times
Along with kyle's great suggestion, I'll throw out the Niskayuna, North Colonie and Shenendehowa school districts in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy area; Fox Chapel and Sewickley in the Pittsburgh area: Pittsford and Brighton in the Rochester NY area and the western suburbs of Hartford CT(West Hartford, Avon, Farmington, etc.), among others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.