U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 07:05 PM

12,616 posts, read 15,076,634 times

Advertisements

San Francisco is filthy, sad to say. Denver, Minneapolis and Chicago are examples of clean cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:27 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,245,295 times
SF is incredibly dirty in a good majority of the city.

I will say that neighborhoods like the Haight, Castro, North Beach, Nob hill, the area around Alamo square/city hall and other areas further west are remarkably clean though.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:43 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,446,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
San Francisco is filthy, sad to say. Denver, Minneapolis and Chicago are examples of clean cities.
I would include Phoenix except for some areas like south of I-10.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:02 AM

44,947 posts, read 36,237,009 times
Pittsburgh seems very dirty to me, and chaotic. Same with Philly.

San Marcos (between Austin and San Antonio) is a hot mess. Austin can be a bit messy in some areas but nothing as bad as San Marcos.

Hot Springs, AR - blech!

On the positive side, I was super impressed with the cleanliness of the following cities:

Salt Lake City
Colorado Springs
Boulder, CO
Springfield, MO

Old 10-18-2015, 09:47 AM

821 posts, read 1,255,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Pittsburgh seems very dirty to me, and chaotic. Same with Philly.

San Marcos (between Austin and San Antonio) is a hot mess. Austin can be a bit messy in some areas but nothing as bad as San Marcos.

Hot Springs, AR - blech!

On the positive side, I was super impressed with the cleanliness of the following cities:

Salt Lake City
Colorado Springs
Boulder, CO
Springfield, MO
That is correct. Although I love Pittsburgh, from a distance it looks cool with its pretty hills, but on street level it's fairly dirty with trash debris and cigarette butts all over the pace. It's sad to say, but the entire region looks similar, especially the old river towns.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:49 PM

2,233 posts, read 1,514,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diet1 View Post
Montrose is clean, however the corner of westheimer/montrose you will sometimes see some homeless young people and some trash.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mont...FVLuYwodljYHQA
Back when I last visited Montrose I was living in Tampa in a neighborhood called the SoHo District. I know everything is up to personal preference but I felt like Montrose was very similar to SoHo but just not as clean and pretty. But Florida cities tend to go above and beyond with putting a glam on certain neighborhoods in their cities. The Soho district is highly regulated by the city of Tampa to keep the neighborhood as pristine as possible.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:04 PM

12,616 posts, read 15,076,634 times
- correct, Phoenix generally is pretty clean and the downtown area is very clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I would include Phoenix except for some areas like south of I-10.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:06 PM

2,753 posts, read 2,222,544 times
Fresno, CA is pretty bad. Fresno suffers from being exposed to groundwater polluted by agriculture.

Bakersfield, CA is known as the oil capital of California and you could only imagine its pollution problems.

The area around Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE has been home to refineries and chemical plants for decades. I remember going to Philly quite a few years ago and noticing far too many plants in the Delaware River area.

Bridgeport, CT is really bad as well. I live in Connecticut and have been to Bridgeport multiple times for work and the occasional drive through. There are quite a few parts of the city that have filled wetlands with dumped toxic waste. You can also notice many abandoned trash filled buildings and factories off of Interstate 95.

Someone already mentioned it but many New Jersey cities are trashy.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:57 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,270,654 times
Tampa/St Pete to me is pretty run down and ghetto looking.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:17 PM

10,675 posts, read 8,205,397 times
Bridgeport, Hartford, Waterbury
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or