Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 02:12 PM

641 posts, read 802,115 times

Advertisements

Straight Forward applies to the people that:

1. Say what they mean and mean what they say
2. Shoot it straight
3. They're not rude, they're just direct
4. Not flakey... If they say they'll see you at 8PM, they're going to see you within 20mins of 8PM or at least call to cancel.
5. They keep it real. If something is bothering them, they speak up and voice their concern instead of holding it in and hope it blows over.

Okay,,, I really enjoy the above type of people. They may come across as jerks but I really appreciate this type of person. I'm from NC and moved to TX a decade ago. I find more ppl like the above in NC (% wise) than I do in the big cities of TX. I'm sure most of the people I speak of are on the east coast but maybe not.

So please, what are the top 10 cities (% wise) that have these straight forward, direct types that tell it like it is. Some people can be kind to a fault. Especially in the south.

I can't really come up with a list but the people of NYC were awesome! Direct, straight to the point, I love that mentality. Now if I could find somewhere w/ that mentality that doesn't get too cold and have a beach within a 2 hour drive, it would be awesome. By big cities, I'd consider anything w/ over 300K ppl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 02:25 PM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
How could you ever determine this?

Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
How could you ever determine this?

by the willingness of strangers to tell you you have a booger in your nose lol...

Old 10-14-2015, 02:39 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
S
I can't really come up with a list but the people of NYC were awesome! Direct, straight to the point, I love that mentality. Now if I could find somewhere w/ that mentality that doesn't get too cold and have a beach within a 2 hour drive, it would be awesome. By big cities, I'd consider anything w/ over 300K ppl
I would go with:

1. NYC
2. Philadelphia
3. Baltimore
4. Boston
5. Chicago

and would say there's a significant drop off after #4.

The beach thing and not too cold are obviously out of the picture though so somewhere well below those I would venture to say someplace like South Florida (the Miami-Ft Lauderdale-West Palm Beach corridor) would be your best bet with a healthy number of Northeast transplants and much the same demeanor in many residents in my opinion as a native of that area.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
by the willingness of strangers to tell you you have a booger in your nose lol...
LOL...

I know, I know.. stupid question just thought I'd ask people to rank the cities by the ones they've visited.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would go with:

1. NYC
2. Philadelphia
3. Baltimore
4. Boston
5. Chicago

and would say there's a significant drop off after #4.

The beach thing and not too cold are obviously out of the picture though so somewhere well below those I would venture to say someplace like South Florida (the Miami-Ft Lauderdale-West Palm Beach corridor) would be your best bet with a healthy number of Northeast transplants and much the same demeanor in many residents in my opinion as a native of that area.
Thanks for being the only one willing to rank. I guess big cities on the west coast aren't like this...

Thanks again,,, ill have to look into Mia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.