Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,473,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Let's hear the 'common' knowledge- and Dude, that page on Wiki was padded and does not reflect reality or actuality in most ways
Oh, please. Who's going onto Wikipedia to edit the economic statistics of Chicago and Los Angeles? We all know what you're doing now.

And do you really want me to embarrass you with these statistics comparing NYC and London to LA?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,198,132 times
I think you'll have a better chance, and a better time of it pumping up New York on a Buffalo/Cleveland thread (typical New York self attachment) than taking me on here. Go back

Old 02-01-2008, 11:39 PM

^^^ Yikes, too bold

Old 02-01-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
I think you'll have a better chance, and a better time of it pumping up New York on a Buffalo/Cleveland thread (typical New York self attachment) than taking me on here. Go back
Oh, no, I don't. I did not start the Manhattan conversation in the Buffalo vs. Cleveland thread.

So you think LA is more important and wordly than New York City and London? Pfft.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:49 PM

Pfft...PFFT? I'll see your pfft and raise you a 'meh'! I wouldn't suggest that in it's entirety, but it certainly kicks New York's ashcan in some ways. Important ways at that. And we've been over this before. London aside, I like London!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 PM

58 posts, read 57,072 times
Milquetoast -- you say that L.A is the most diverse city in the world.. Don't you think there are different types of diversity? (I pointed this out in another thread)

think about this.. That is why NYC is a lot more preferred from all of the American Cities.
Yes Southern California is soo different from the rest of the country!! Perhaps that is why NYC is preferred more because it is more recognized by people and their back home culture?

NYC has a large european influence. Los Angeles has a stronger "Latino/Mexican culture" (about 50% of L.A region is Hispanic)
Many immigrants who have come from other countries have settled in NYC region when things where expanding throughout United States.
That is why NYC holds a strong presence towards earlier immigration, which is perhaps why it holds more of a "Symbol" in its entirety.
It just depends which type of "diversity" truly exists, as there are different type of diversity.

For example, NYC has more LARGER European Heritage the most, but some others.. German, Chinese, Haiti, Caribbean Islander, Japanese, Jamaican, Cuban, British, French, Irish, Italian, and Jewish,
Ukranian, Polish, Italian, Russian,AND JEWISH -- There are more PRESENT IN NYC, but these are the cultures/countries that pop-out in my head, when it comes to haritage.
There is def. a strong Russian,, Polish, Italian, Jewish, British, Irish presence the most.

L.A -- Armenian, Costa Rican, Pacific Islander, Japanese, Chinese, Guatemalan, and many more,
A VERY strong Latino/Hispanic heritage.

there is just a different type of diversity in both places, I just wanted to point The large groups of different cultures.
So diversity is different each part of the coast. It can be represented differently.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 PM

LA beats NYC in important ways?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

May a suggest a lesson in politics, economics, finance, and business? You pay way too much attention to Hollywood.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Better check the rankings on Global metropolitan GMP there, little buddy. GMP rankings on the first three metropolitan areas (Gross Metropolitan Product) goes as such: Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles. Enough with the Wall St. and financial institutions. But you'd better hold on to those, or else!

Old 02-02-2008, 12:42 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,390,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
And if I want winter warmth, I'll go to the airport and get a ticket down to Miami. But New Yorkers don't need tans in the sun, most of us are naturally tan because we're Italian.
Giuliani was still white even though he spent a month in Florida! I couldn't believe it.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,779,936 times
Milquetoast, L.A. is an important U.S. city, but saying it rivals New York is pushing it by far. New York is way ahead of L.A. in terms of importance and always will be.

Sorry. I don't understand why you feel that admitting that insults LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.