Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:29 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
I was kidnapped as a 13 year old back in 1975
I don't really care much to say anything in this thread, except that this caught my eye.

Wow, milquetoast, for such an avid staunch defender of Los Angeles, I'm surprised that you last lived there 33 years ago at the age of 13.

I thought maybe you moved from LA like a year or two ago after living there for some 20 years.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 PM

58 posts, read 57,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
I don't really care much to say anything in this thread, except that this caught my eye.

Wow, milquetoast, for such an avid staunch defender of Los Angeles, I'm surprised that you last lived there 33 years ago at the age of 13.

I thought maybe you moved from LA like a year or two ago after living there for some 20 years.

He will probably come up with an excuse that he "visits" L.A a lot, to defend himself.. But I thought it was funny too, not living there for over 30 years. Yet worship a city..just because its your hometown.....

Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM

14 posts, read 31,420 times
Wait, milquetoast doesn't live in LA but basically spends his life trying to defend the place to people that don't even care? That's kind of weird.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:55 PM

14 posts, read 31,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Milquetoast, L.A. is an important U.S. city, but saying it rivals New York is pushing it by far. New York is way ahead of L.A. in terms of importance and always will be.

Sorry. I don't understand why you feel that admitting that insults LA.
+1. I agree.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
I don't even know why this is a debate. It should be self-evident that Los Angeles is one of the most important and prominent cities on Earth.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,802 times
I live in Las Vegas, one of the most dynamic, promising economies in the country, have been since July 5th, 1975, and still yearn to get back to L. A. That should tell you something. And I don't hear anything but disproportionate PRAISE for others on here like Scranton, who is a nice guy I'm sure. Have to say, if it weren't for one of the major industries of my hometown, only people here would know anything about Scranton. Just another indicator of the international influence of my hometown as "The Office" is an American version of a British product that now is seen overseas. To insinuate that L. A. is being far outpaced by any city in the world in total contribution is to be, quite frankly, ignorant. Sorry, I don't know how to make friends here nor do I have that as a priority. I don't know how to check other's posts or assign rep points, or even how to initiate 'paragraphs'. I ENJOY defending my city because it enables me to learn about the opinions and agendas of others around the nation. That's what interests me. Try not to suck up too much to an entity (NY) that considers you an open wallet and an inconsiquential rube. I'm guessing Los Angeles, the largest city in the largest state in the nation is now big enough to realize that NY isn't quite what it thinks it still is. You can admire the architecture all you want, but people where I'm from don't follow it. Let Chicago consider itself the "second city". And the fact that you post here means you are interested in the discussion otherwise you wouldn't have clicked onto this thread or the other city vs. city threads. I enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn't be here myself so on with the show....

Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,802 times
..And, if you want to really discuss, you should post where you're from

Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,841 times
Yet another thread that started out with some promise and civilized discussion that degenerated into a "blah, blah" fest between the usual suspects.

Enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.