U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 07:06 AM

6,312 posts, read 6,967,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairea86 View Post
Houston was on my list, just not at the top because of the weather -I don't mind humidity but I definitely like having seasons.

Thought about Richmond/Raleigh but was concerned they were too small, especially given the above comment that everyone in the south is married or coupled up by my age, I figured a larger city like clt or Nashville would be better, but I may be too old even for those
Nashville is not really bigger than Raleigh as Durham could easily be part of the MSA. But that said I'm not sure either is better for you than Nashville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
NOLA has a huge party element and doesn't sound like a good option given your preferences.

26 is young and most people will not be ready to "settle down" in any major metro. Guys in that age are still having fun and women too are wrapped up in their careers. Somewhere like NYC or LA people generally aren't pairing off and getting married until their 30's (and often not until well into their 30's). NYC has a good dating scene, but, yeah, not many profesionals looking for marriage at 26.
I suppose the South could make sense then, cause most in that age range are looking for something serious lol. I personally wouldn't use that as a guide, but it could actually be true.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 07:07 AM

6,312 posts, read 6,967,264 times
I think Nashville, Charlotte and Atlanta make the most sense for sticking to the SE, still having seasons somewhat, and being young/active while looking for serious dating partners.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:36 PM

539 posts, read 404,678 times
Charlotte seems like it would make sense. I get the vibe its young with a lot of transplants, yet family oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or