Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,753 times

Advertisements

To try and keep this as objective as possible, my simplistic definition of physically attractive is, at the very least: straight teeth (none missing), good skin, healthy weight, and balanced facial features or close to it. Beyond that, it's up for argument of course.

I have lived and traveled in many different cities from coast to coast and associated with people of all socoioeconomic backgrounds and races and it is undeniable and hard not to notice that the poorer folks are generally not as attractive as rich folks. And this is going by my above qualifiers, not based on clothing or other assets that can be enhanced by choice (makeup, plastic surgery, etc). Obviously, poorer folks can't afford to eat good diets so that affects their weight and skin. And genetically, I guess rich folks have an advantage as rich men can choose attractive wives and their kids have a better chance of being attractive. Perhaps.

So anyway, my question is: are there any areas of the US where it's not uncommon to see physically attractive people in the lower income bracket? Are there cities in which the poor folks are not overwhelmingly obese?

Last edited by skidamarink; 10-13-2015 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 01:04 AM

854 posts, read 1,704,145 times
No. All poor people are fat and ugly !!

Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
Not even going to touch this one.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:57 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
What kind of question is this?!? LOL, does the OP visit different cities and go around cruising the streets for hot homeless people or something?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:51 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
LA....most of the models that move to LA are broke as hell even though they act like they are rich. Come to think of it most large cities fit this criteria but the thing is most guys are going to raise the cost of _____ so those poor attractive women will now think they are hot shyt even though they are poor.....

Old 10-15-2015, 01:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Latino neighborhoods.

/thread.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Latino neighborhoods.

/thread.

I don't know where you live, but most of the Latino neighborhoods I know of with lots of attractive Latinas are not poor.

Poor neighborhoods, regardless of who lives there, do tend to skew towards the less attractive regardless of culture or race. I think this is due to obesity and other health issues which are rife in poor communities, and the fact that the good looking ones get more opportunity to move up economically due to our 'looks-ist' society.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:19 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I don't know where you live, but most of the Latino neighborhoods I know of with lots of attractive Latinas are not poor.

Poor neighborhoods, regardless of who lives there, do tend to skew towards the less attractive regardless of culture or race. I think this is due to obesity and other health issues which are rife in poor communities, and the fact that the good looking ones get more opportunity to move up economically due to our 'looks-ist' society.
I don't disagree. I haven't spent much time in your neck of the woods, but what little I have tells me that Hispanic/Latinos are more integrated there.

When I go to the barrios here in Denver, and the ones I grew up in/near in Southern California, there is no shortage of eye candy.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Your stockbroker doesn't care how fat or ugly you are. The traders on wall street and especially the bits and bytes on NASDAQ don't even know what you look like.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM

448 posts, read 592,319 times
Yeah, some of the hottest hispanic girls I've seen live in the poorer part of San Antonio. That's my favorite part of town to hit on girls lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.