U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,464,640 times

Advertisements

By Infill ... the definition (The use of vacant land and property within a built-up area for further construction or development).

Let's limit it to HOUSING that is built between existing older housing in a city's neighborhoods. Either by loss of neighboring homes. Or merely adding density with available land there. Could be by Gentrification or merely as cities are increasing their density.

If low-income vs. Higher-end....you can note that also. Also feel free to show Pictures or use Streetview360s to show us your choices in examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 05:56 PM

213 posts, read 195,842 times
I'm not sure, but I can say Seattle has some of the ugliest infill I've seen:

'Ugly' apartments becoming Seattle trend

Old 11-05-2015, 06:52 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,195,120 times
Those examples of Seattle infill just looks like typical modern design. Dozens upon dozens upon dozens upon dozens of projects have gone up that look exactly like those here in the Twin Cities.

Personally, I find the faux-historic infill the biggest abominations of them all.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:49 PM

21,699 posts, read 23,661,739 times
Here is a bit of what's going on in Cleveland. Older interesting and beautiful architecture is preserved while new use is created. Some of these are downtown, some in city neighborhoods and some, not shown are in the suburbs. Where I live, in Cleveland Heights, there is an office building which was recently converted to middle income housing, the church across the street from my apartment building which is a beautiful structure has been made into a condo and another church will soon become apartments.

Here is the way it should be done. You have a former hospital, high school, warehouses and office buildings. Not pictured are a parking structure being built and churches. There are new buildings of course as well but they are not taking over and changing the entire look and feel of the city.

https://pennrose.com/apartments/ohio/saint-lukes-manor/

The Brick Lofts at Historic West Tech | Apartments in Cleveland, OH

Apartments for Rent in Warehouse District, Cleveland, OH - 23 Rentals

Cleveland Loft Style Apartments Walker & Weeks Downtown Cleveland Lofts Balcany Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or