U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 01:59 PM

22,345 posts, read 32,242,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
The 91 from Orange County to riverside county is probably the worst freeway I've ever had to drive on.

I think what makes it so terrible is the fact that it's one of the only routes out of greater LA and into the desert communities, Vegas, Arizona, Havasu, etc. There are a few other routes but they are either too out of the way for most travelers in that direction. It's also a major commuter route for folks who work in LA but live in the inland empire.

The absolute worst section is Between Anaheim hills and Riverside. 14 total lanes including 4 Fast Trak lanes and it's always a parking lot.

another issue with this road is heading east on 91 from the HOV lanes and trying to get off on the first exit after it merges with 55 (I think is the right number but when it becomes the toll road in the hov and departing back to non toll etc.), you have move like 8 lanes in about a 1/4 mile

like canyon road or something, have done this many times and I always prepare myself just before to ensure the a game is on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 02:41 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,249,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
another issue with this road is heading east on 91 from the HOV lanes and trying to get off on the first exit after it merges with 55 (I think is the right number but when it becomes the toll road in the hov and departing back to non toll etc.), you have move like 8 lanes in about a 1/4 mile

like canyon road or something, have done this many times and I always prepare myself just before to ensure the a game is on
Yes that is the 55 transition into the 91. Where it curves against the hillside and 3 lanes just drop almost immediately. You have to think fast or pay a hefty toll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or