U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:14 AM

795 posts, read 633,910 times

Advertisements

i am wondering what choice is there for budget beach with swimming and sunbath possibility during winter break. i am in CA and pretty much everything around here is ruled out as it is too crowded and expensive. Looking to escape to warm or hotter beach where it is not too crowded not too empty, but hot enough.
I considered Hawaii, but last year had a terrible flight through cyclone so it is ruled out.
Been to galveston TX before but winter does not appear to be warm over there.
I am thinking about Florida keys. I am not sure any budget place can be found there.
I am hoping to spend 50-100$ on hotels on beach with upwards of 150$. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 06:11 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,199,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
i am wondering what choice is there for budget beach with swimming and sunbath possibility during winter break. i am in CA and pretty much everything around here is ruled out as it is too crowded and expensive. Looking to escape to warm or hotter beach where it is not too crowded not too empty, but hot enough.
I considered Hawaii, but last year had a terrible flight through cyclone so it is ruled out.
I am thinking about Florida keys. I am not sure any budget place can be found there.
I did a Florida Keys vacation last January – stayed in a one-star hotel on an unpopular island for about $120 a night that was a few miles from the beach.

If you want a beachfront hotel, you'll almost certainly have to pay more than $200 a night for even the crappiest mom and pop places.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:20 AM

5,247 posts, read 3,647,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
Not a lot beach in Key West. A campsite for an RV will cost you your budget.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:48 AM

21,207 posts, read 30,427,905 times
Check out Clearwater Beach FL. There are a good number of nicer/clean small independent motels that would fit your budget, even "in season".

Clearwater Beach | Visit St Petersburg Clearwater

Old 11-07-2015, 11:56 AM

21,207 posts, read 30,427,905 times
If the Tampa Bay area is still too chilly, check out Islamorada in the Upper Keys which has nice beaches and reasonable rates. You can fly into Miami and it's a 90 minute drive south.

Welcome to The Islamorada Chamber of Commerce - 1-800-FAB-KEYS - Sport Fishing Capital of the World
Welcome to The Islamorada Chamber of Commerce - 1-800-FAB-KEYS - Sport Fishing Capital of the World

Old 11-07-2015, 08:23 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,349,117 times
Pretty much only the extreme southern tip of Florida and Hawaii have full year round summer. Even other places that don't get snow still have "Spring" which is warm but not swimming in the ocean weather.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:38 AM

some change of plan, i think it might make more sense to stay in miami beachfront, i see some reasonable rates there and drive south to enjoy the keys during the day. otherwise i see outrages fees on key islands.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
Pretty much only the extreme southern tip of Florida and Hawaii have full year round summer. Even other places that don't get snow still have "Spring" which is warm but not swimming in the ocean weather.
last winter right after new year, i went to hawaii honolulu it was all 80's and beaches were wide open, very warm and ideal for swimming. even during rain, it was OK to be at beach because rain droplets were even warm. I would not stay searing hot but that is not an ideal soo presumed florida might be similar.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM

176 posts, read 180,981 times
It's hard to beat Cancun if you're a budget. Go with an all inclusive resort. Spectacular beaches, warm weather and water.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2Paradise View Post
It's hard to beat Cancun if you're a budget. Go with an all inclusive resort. Spectacular beaches, warm weather and water.
Looked up cancun, looks like amazing place, but two issues: language barrier, druglord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.