U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 12:04 PM

1,018 posts, read 1,235,783 times

Advertisements

How about Arcata, CA? I don't think people up there would mind your lack of ambition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 AM

3,513 posts, read 3,965,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparochialismus View Post
...I lean towards northeast cincinnati for it's numerous and densely placed big-box stores (all i can afford) for daily needs and it's semi-urban walkable feel, also the cheap busride to downtown cincinnati on weekends when I seek a larger city sentiment.
Since you've expressed such keen interest in Cincinnati (especially in Oakley, as discussed over on City-Data), why not renew that conversation about one of the city's hottest and safest neighborhoods, so centrally-located, walkable, and book-ended by retail and affluence as it is. Considering your initial criteria, presented both here and on City-Data, Oakley should remain a formidable contender.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:03 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,292,936 times
Title sounds like the kinds of girls I always fall in love with.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:42 AM

26 posts, read 28,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparochialismus View Post

I lean towards northeast cincinnati for it's numerous and densely placed big-box stores (all i can afford) for daily needs and it's semi-urban walkable feel, also the cheap busride to downtown cincinnati on weekends when I seek a larger city sentiment.

Not that Oakley isn't walkable because it absolutely is but those big box stores you're talking about are not all that walkable. Meijer, Target, Sams Club, Steak n Shake, etc in that shopping center on Ridge isn't as easily accessible to pedestrians as some would hope. Not that you cant walk to them but just be aware that it might not be as easy to get to/from on foot as you might think. If you want a walkable, safe, neighborhood that might require a very very short drive or somewhat inconvenient walk to the big box chains then by all means choose Oakley. Some of your other wants seem to point more towards the uptown or Northside areas but for quick access to big box chains Oakley Norwood Pleasant Ridge Hyde Park are good options.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:58 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,525,717 times
Chase college girls? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or