U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are new yorkers undefeated in alcoholic consumption?
Yes, no city drinks more than new york 0 0%
No, new york is a city of honor students compared to... 41 89.13%
I vomited on my keyboard and can't respond properly 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:07 AM

23,127 posts, read 35,106,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
While not 25, I've certainly had my share of 50 and $1 beer specials haha. You gotta love it.

For sure. Just using Chicago as an example since I have the most bar experience with it.
Definitely Chicago. It would be my first choice. I watched a segment yesterday on CBS Sunday Morning about the dive bars of Chicago. This one place has customers streaming in at 7 AM including an attorney knocking back a couple of Bloody Marys before heading to court! It put me in the mood for a Chicago pub crawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 11:25 AM

28,284 posts, read 26,292,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post
Due respect to NY, I can't imagine another city that drinks more than Chicago and Milwaukee. Even the women in Chi and Mil drink like guys. Also, small towns are rife with alcoholism.
That's a big turn off. I hate seeing women drink beer.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:29 AM

1,826 posts, read 1,244,241 times
Chicago was undefeated way back in the day.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:16 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,812,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What should they drink?

Old 11-25-2015, 03:27 PM

1,068 posts, read 739,042 times
America has got hang ups with alcohol, perhaps because of prohibition, or your religious origins. Your the only country that will put a decent bottle of wine in a brown bag. Britain on the other hand, especially the North of England ( Newcastle), and Glasgow ( Scotland), is something else on a Friday evening, the girls would drink every American under the table. Britain, especially the English cannot control their drink.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,271,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
America has got hang ups with alcohol, perhaps because of prohibition, or your religious origins. Your the only country that will put a decent bottle of wine in a brown bag. Britain on the other hand, especially the North of England ( Newcastle), and Glasgow ( Scotland), is something else on a Friday evening, the girls would drink every American under the table. Britain, especially the English cannot control their drink.
Yeah, Britain definitely does NOT have hang ups with alcohol. That goes doubly for Wales, Scotland and the North of England. The U.S. is too far on one extreme, though Britain probably goes too far in the other direction.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:39 PM

1,068 posts, read 739,042 times
I think Britain is slipping back to its pagan roots, where the Celts, Norse and Saxon would gather in mead halls and get hammered, to keep out the cold of Winter, and boredom. It is this drinking to oblivion, that women, and I must add, Northern British, and West Country English women especially, as I have witnessed are terrifiying. Their are many red haired Boudiccas wanting to pick a fight. ( New York couldn't compare- only maybe Irish New Yorkers)

Old 11-26-2015, 09:43 AM

5,991 posts, read 8,329,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
Any city that gets piles of snow, has long winters, and has nothing to do drink, the most. NYC is far from having nothing to do.
Las Vegas then?

Old 11-27-2015, 02:55 PM

21,220 posts, read 30,452,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
What should they drink?
I'm guessing something sweet and pink, and only when he says okay.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:28 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,271,359 times
For the U.S., I would probably pick some place with cold weather and lots of white ethnic folks of Northern or Eastern European background.

Buffalo would be a plausible answer. Maybe Milwaukee. Cleveland or Pittsburgh would be possibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or