Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 03:06 PM

403 posts, read 1,325,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Monday night, I received an alert from the local ABC affiliate telling me to expect 2-5" of snow overnight. To my knowledge, there was no snow in the forecast until that point. It was bone dry at that moment. I went to bed.

Tuesday morning, we're buried. And it kept snowing until yesterday evening. We've got about a foot. Worst storm we've had in at least three years (it was windy too, and cold {10's-20s}).

I'll try and get a pic up.
It warmed up a bit this afternoon, but it's been brutally cold out this week. We only got about 5 inches in the foothills from this storm, but the snow is getting rather deep in my yard from all of this snow! The meteorologists definitely messed up this forecast for Denver. I was surprised to get the 5:30 phone call from Jeffco closing school, when we only had about 4" at our house. Denver got hit way harder than us this time around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 03:48 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog905 View Post
It warmed up a bit this afternoon, but it's been brutally cold out this week. We only got about 5 inches in the foothills from this storm, but the snow is getting rather deep in my yard from all of this snow! The meteorologists definitely messed up this forecast for Denver. I was surprised to get the 5:30 phone call from Jeffco closing school, when we only had about 4" at our house. Denver got hit way harder than us this time around!
Yep, we got the Jeffco call around 5:13, and it was well deserved, and not a surprise. I don't think we had a single cancellation last year.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 PM

707 posts, read 750,278 times
Quote:
Monday night, I received an alert from the local ABC affiliate telling me to expect 2-5" of snow overnight. To my knowledge, there was no snow in the forecast until that point. It was bone dry at that moment. I went to bed.

Tuesday morning, we're buried. And it kept snowing until yesterday evening. We've got about a foot. Worst storm we've had in at least three years (it was windy too, and cold {10's-20s}).

I'll try and get a pic up.
That would be nice, a foot!? I'd like to see that. We haven't had a foot down here in seven years.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:02 PM

822 posts, read 858,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
El Nino is only a factor, it does not lead to 25-30F temperature departures. That is a result of a more extreme unusual event, which seem to becoming the norm.
I agree .. last December was mild in Southern New England as well. it was 55 degrees last Christmas. We did end up getting a ton of snow but it wasnt till the end of January .. then it seemed like it snowed constantly for the whole month of February, then warmed up quickly. It will probably be the same this year ..

Old 12-16-2015, 06:41 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Winter?

Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 PM

707 posts, read 750,278 times
Quote:
pix
Nice. It looked like that on Sunday in Albs, though a few inches thinner, but just as dramatic lookin'.

Those last pics! Something about that snow all untouched makes you want to just mess it all up. Is that a kid's tricyle's handlebar sticking in the middle?I love how a deep snow like that just changes the whole look and feel of a place, like the Earth itself changed outfits. or as they would say here, "Yyyy, that looks all sick, na?"But I guess you're more used to it in CO. It doesn't snow that deep very often here, the valley geometry holding a dome of warmer air layers usually prevent it. Usually, but not lately.

Good pics! Thanks for sharing these! I wish I would have taken pics of the ABQ storm, else I'd put them up too.

Last edited by kehkou; 12-16-2015 at 10:32 PM..

Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Wet and windy here, but no snow and no snow expected all winter. Yay!

I'm growing webbing between my toes, but it's all good.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:28 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Finally supposed to get our first minor snow here in Pittsburgh tomorrow night (minor is generous, it's 1", which is a near a daily occurrence this time of year).

It's supposed to warm to 58 by Christmas though

Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehkou View Post
Nice. It looked like that on Sunday in Albs, though a few inches thinner, but just as dramatic lookin'.

Those last pics! Something about that snow all untouched makes you want to just mess it all up. Is that a kid's tricyle's handlebar sticking in the middle?I love how a deep snow like that just changes the whole look and feel of a place, like the Earth itself changed outfits. or as they would say here, "Yyyy, that looks all sick, na?"But I guess you're more used to it in CO. It doesn't snow that deep very often here, the valley geometry holding a dome of warmer air layers usually prevent it. Usually, but not lately.

Good pics! Thanks for sharing these! I wish I would have taken pics of the ABQ storm, else I'd put them up too.
It's either a handle bar or a sword.

I hate when people mess up my snow. I like it untouched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.