U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 07:38 AM

9,908 posts, read 21,182,062 times

Advertisements

We got pea to dime sized hail for two minutes at my house last night, part of a large line of severe storms. We just got straight line winds here, Mississippi had several large tornadoes, one was on the ground 150 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 09:13 AM

699 posts, read 441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Winter so far is sucky. It's hot and humid with temps in the 80s. It should never be in the 80s in December, unless you're in the southern hemisphere. I really hate living in Florida sometimes.

What really grates me are the snowbirds who boast about how wonderful this weather and they assume that us Floridians love it.
80s is common throughout the winter in Miami, but what makes this December standout is the rain we got, the humid temps, and are high overnight lows. Usually it's very common for us to see a couple nighttime lows in the 50s by now. None. Our lowest was 64F, and most overnight lows have been above 70.

That being said, I love it, to me this weather is perfect and can remain like this year round. Warm enough to enjoy the beach, but not warm enough to force me to turn on the AC.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:54 PM

688 posts, read 468,821 times
70 and sunny in Providence ..on Christmas Eve .... just isnt right ... last year it was sunny and 64 on Christmas, so cant blame it all on El Nino .. I think it may be the new norm. yuk

Old 12-24-2015, 04:26 PM

3,736 posts, read 3,588,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I think it's safe to say that this is my first Christmas Eve in Philly with temps in the 70s.
Yup. Spent all of my Christmas eve's in Pittsburgh and my first in philadelphia it's 73 degrees. Never have I had a Christmas so warm.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:57 PM

11,888 posts, read 10,418,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Yup. Spent all of my Christmas eve's in Pittsburgh and my first in philadelphia it's 73 degrees. Never have I had a Christmas so warm.
Yeah-so much of my family hated the weather because "it didn't feel like Christmas". I get what they mean, but I could get used to it-we were outside most of the day, and had a fire outside instead of in.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:27 PM

706 posts, read 516,367 times
It's snowin' pretty good here now! I'd hate to be on the freeways with a mild white out like this.

Honestly I'd rather be experiencing the anomalously warm weather occuring elsewhere in the country. Instead it has been anomalously cold in the SW.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:21 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,726,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
Winter is just about to begin here in Chicago, with our first snow being a winter storm warning with an estimated 8-10 inches in the north suburbs, and 4-6 inches in the south suburbs. I will sadly miss this storm (i love winter) because im visiting family in Indiana, but hopefully i will come home to cozy cold winter Chicago (my favourite chicago) soooo...

Winter predictions for your area this season?
has winter "started" for you yet?
Temp? snow?

Stay warm this winter!!!
Here in the South-Central/Interior SW (Oklahoma), it has been quite warm. I think it almost hit 70 yesterday on Christmas Day, and that was without a whole lot of sun even.

Normal temps for central Oklahoma could range from 35-60 with the sun out.....but 70 is quite uncommon, especially with low sun exposure.

We usually get a lot of freezing rain, without the good stuff that goes with it, the snow.

It rained cats&dogs here today, but is now just overcast and windy. We'll see if it gets cold enough tonight to ice over. Probably not.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:03 AM

48 posts, read 27,946 times
It's raining, still spring weather basically.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:07 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,704,219 times
My daughter & I were outside rollerskating, wearing tank tops on Christmas Eve.

We'd planned to go ice skating that day, but the rink was closed due to 70 degree weather!

Old 12-27-2015, 12:32 PM

48 posts, read 27,946 times
It's actually going to get cooler as we get into the new year. My allergies are still in full force though. No winter relief for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.