U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:25 PM

16 posts, read 10,701 times

Advertisements

Portland- Drugstore Cowboy
Pittsburgh- Wonder Boys
Chicago- High Fidelity
Do the Right Thing- Brooklyn
Austin - Slackers
NYC- Taxi Driver
San Francisco- Dirty Harry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM

44,742 posts, read 36,145,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
I really liked the movie Love Song for Bobby Long.

It should be noted that Winter's Bone was set (and filmed on location) in the Ozarks of southen Missouri (in and around Branson) and not in Appalachia.

Also, Hope Floats was set and filmed in Smithville, TX (which not too far from Austin) and not in Louisiana.
I stand corrected.

However, having spent a lot of time in both Appalachia and the Ozarks, I feel that those locales are strikingly similar. Virtually interchangeable in fact.

I had forgotten that Hope Floats was set in Texas - of course it is. So let me rephrase that - small town, rural, and very culturally southern Texas - Hope Floats personifies that feeling, which is very similar to the feeling of small town, rural, northwestern Louisiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.