U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 PM

11 posts, read 58,954 times
Default Safe, affordable, good weather, NO BUGS or Critters, nice people, good jobs..........

is there a place in US that you can live without any bugs or critters (snakes/cocoroches/spiders, etc), affordable, safe low crime rates,good jobs, nice people, good weather....too much to ask for? is there a place like this that exists?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 02:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 17,108,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyrina View Post
is there a place in US that you can live without any bugs or critters (snakes/cocoroches/spiders, etc), affordable, safe low crime rates,good jobs, nice people, good weather....too much to ask for? is there a place like this that exists?

thanks

I can't think of one that will meet all your needs, but if someone knows about one they won tell.

The Northwest Florida area still has affortable housing, low crime, if you have the proper skills jobs are available, nice people, and good weather most of the year. We have critters (mentioned above) limited on Croc's, yes we do have snakes and spiders.

But this is a friendly area and the positives are greater than negatives...

Old 11-17-2006, 03:02 PM

17,193 posts, read 23,775,334 times
Yes, get it all in Colorado Springs, CO. Read the posting at:
Why Choose Colorado Springs?

s/Mike from back east, and I ain't going back

Old 11-17-2006, 04:24 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,932,896 times
Charlotte meets the bill, but no matter what anyone says, you're going to have bugs anywhere that's not in an Artic region. It's just that some areas are worse that others. Is that what you mean?

Old 11-18-2006, 08:14 AM

3,019 posts, read 7,888,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyrina View Post

thanks
Hey......I grew up with roaches, they all hide when you turn the lights on. Just don't only expect a toy prize when you open the Alpha-Bits!

Old 11-18-2006, 09:33 AM

2,813 posts, read 9,257,826 times
I think the only place I've ever lived where I didn't notice many bugs was Henderson, Nevada. There were lots of spiders, especially black widows outside around the house that I had to kill, but they're easy to spot because of the LSD inspired webs. What I liked about Henderson besides the warm weather and extremely low humidity was that there were NO flies, NO mosquitoes (to me there is nothing more irritating than trying to get to sleep and then hearing next to your ear that high whining buzzing sound of a mosquito waiting to land and dine on you.. ), and no gnats. There were very few flying bugs. The abundance of dragonflies there might explain the lack of flying bugs. I think dragonflies are fascinating, but to the insect kingdom, they're the most vicious and efficient hunters on the planet, like killer helicopters with nightmarish weapons systems! They kill and eat tons of other insects, so are wonderful to have around. Cockroaches...yeah...but they lived mostly in the garage and the ones that got into the house became snacks for my cats (though I'd nearly puke when I'd look at the cat and it would look back and then I'd hear the crunch as the cockroach was pierced by the cat's teeth. They also ate the grasshoppers that got in- but spit the legs out). Flies and mosquitoes are my bane. I hate them. I don't much mind spiders except the poisonous ones.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:01 AM

163 posts, read 521,211 times
You need to define what your definition of good weather is. To some it will be 4 distinct or traditional seasons, cold weather, warm weather, hot weather. Arizona is ideal weather from say October give or take a few weeks until May, again depending on what you like. I wish I had the money to leave Arizona all summer!!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 17,718 times
I can say that I've never, ever seen a cockroach here in Colorado. The little ones may be here somewhere but I've never seen one. The big ones don't live here. I moved here from Georgia to get away from the cockroaches! Colorado Springs does have the best weather. Usually don't get as much snow as the rest of the state. I've been looking for a place that is warm year round but doesn't have cockroaches. I don't think it exists (I have a phobia about the giant cockroaches...in Atlanta they walk around all the time, day or night!).

Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 PM

458 posts, read 631,122 times
hmmmm... I believe Utopia fits that description

Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM

753 posts, read 820,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
hmmmm... I believe Utopia fits that description
Actually, I had paradise in mind. It'll fit the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.