Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:52 PM

35 posts, read 35,921 times

Advertisements

Title says it all. Looking for a city that has elible black men to marry. I am from pensacola and everyone marries their high school sweetheart. Not much competition here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 12:22 AM

650 posts, read 867,278 times
*eligible

Any major city that has a diverse population. Miami, LA, New Orleans, NYC, Chicago, Houston, etc

Old 12-18-2015, 01:07 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,470,077 times
Portland, San francisco, Tuscon, El Paso, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Fe, and just about any city in the Dakotas (sarcasm) ....I'm part black but wow way to narrow your options, race shouldn't be the number one factor for your love life, grow up.
I think you know what cities have the most successful for African Americans, it's not rocket science.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:53 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,172,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Portland, San francisco, Tuscon, El Paso, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Fe, and just about any city in the Dakotas (sarcasm) ....I'm part black but wow way to narrow your options, race shouldn't be the number one factor for your love life, grow up.
I think you know what cities have the most successful for African Americans, it's not rocket science.
How is that a bad thing that the OP knows exactly what she wants? I could easily say that instead of narrowing her options, you're asking the OP to lose focus and be too general in her mate selection.

And why shouldn't race be a big factor for your love life? We're talking about the most intimate relationship in life, here. There's nothing wrong if you only prefer to date within your race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
*eligible

Any major city that has a diverse population. Miami, LA, New Orleans, NYC, Chicago, Houston, etc
What's with the grammar Nazi stuff? It was a barely noticeable typo. Kinda sorta like how "etc" in your reply lacks the requisite period following it

OP: New York, Atlanta, DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles, Charlotte, New Orleans, Baltimore--you have quite a few options, and each city has different types of black men that run the gamut from all socioeconomic walks of life.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:38 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,406 times
Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA have fairly sizable black populations.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:51 AM

93,212 posts, read 123,819,554 times
I think the poster isn't black and this is a fake thread(not on C-D)!

Old 12-18-2015, 07:55 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the poster isn't black and this is a fake thread(not on C-D)!
But such a thing has never happened before! Especially not with an indian guy interested in blondes with blue eyes.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:11 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubianqueen View Post
Title says it all. Looking for a city that has elible black men to marry. I am from pensacola and everyone marries their high school sweetheart. Not much competition here as well.
"She take my money, when I'm in need
Yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed
Oh, she's a gold digger, way over town
That digs on me"

Old 12-18-2015, 09:00 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,750,395 times
Atlanta has the most professional college educated men. Most professional men and women hang with each other here. Homeless people, gang members, skinheads, gays, lesbians, transsexuals, Trump supporters,etc do not hang with professionals here or in any other city. Rich people do not hang with homeless people. Gang members do not hang with church folks, etc. I said that to say that normally when I say Atlanta is a good place for black women to marry the first thing people will say is "Atlanta has a lot of gay men" well gay people live in every city and it is just as many lesbians here but you never here people say "Lets too many lesbians in Atlanta for a single black male" but with that being said the marriage rate across the board is decreasing in every ethnic group in the US. They will also say that is it 12 women to every guy and that's a lie. Its even. Look at the census report to see for yourself. They will say "Its 12 women to 1 guy because all the guys are gay" but they never talk about the lesbians, strippers, crazy women, etc so those numbers even out. Whatever dating problem you hear about in one city is in the next city, generally speaking. Generally I recommend a woman looking to get married fast to move to a small to medium large city with a large military presence which means it is a lot more men than women and plus men may marry there quicker because they get more money in the military if they are married. If you dont mind the military lifestyle move to Norfolk, VA.

If you move to Atlanta you can get married but you have to follow the rules to get married....Here are the rules to getting married in Atlanta for a black woman....

- Dont tell all your relationship business to your female friends
- Dont expect to move to Atlanta and date all the rich men and get married to Tyler Perry, Usher, Allen Iverson, etc, etc,etc because that isnt going to happen.
- Go to where the professional people hang out. Smile and have positive energy around yourself. If you go out do not sit at the table with your girls all night and then complain about men not approaching you. We have tons of events to go to weekly for you to look for your match.
- Learn how to cook. Most men and men that move to Atlanta want a traditional southern woman, generally speaking.
- Learn about the venues, weekly events, happy hours, networking events, etc that are here and go to those and you will be good. Also outside of Atlanta and DC no other city offers has many events and opportunities for professionals black people. An example this Sunday we are having the Red Tie Soiree here. Its it will be over 1000+ well dressed professionals in business suits having a good time. Some photos are listed below.

http://www.atleventlistings.com/red-tie-soiree/
https://tonightatlanta.smugmug.com/O...iree/i-FkSPSnJ

The good thing about Atlanta is we have multiple places to go to from happy hours to nightclubs that cater to your demographic so all you really have to do is go out to nightclubs, lounges, happy hours, networking events, go to meetups, etc WITH A APPROACHABLE AND GOOD ATTITUDE and you will not have any problems. And dont listen to the haters that will say "huh, Atlanta is just filled with gays and lesbians" because they do not hang with the straight people generally speaking so if you go to an event for professionals that is all that is going to be in there. Most women generally speaking could have been married but they are generally too picky. Most women will dismiss a handworking guy for a guy that isnt about shyt but then complain about men, generally speaking. I said that so say that I know a 30 year old black lady that moved here from Pittsburgh. Her second day here a guy approached her at Walmart. She wasn't going to give him the time of the day because "She just moved here" but she went ahead and gave him her number. 5 months later he proposed to her. By the time she went back to visit here family in Pittsburgh she brought her fiance with her. So the moral of the story is dont be too picky and only date guys that are 6'6, with a 6 pack, a PhD, with a million dollar home and a Bentley and you will not have any problems.

IMO is best cities for a black woman to get married has to have plenty of places that caters to professionals. You have to be able to go to places and have dozens of options to increase your chances. Its the same as looking for shoes. The more shoe stores that you go to will increase your chances of finding the shoes you are looking for. The first part of the dating process is to be able to go to places to meet professionals of the opposite sex. You go to several places, exchange numbers, go out on dates, narrow your choices down and boom!

Last edited by fieldm; 12-18-2015 at 09:21 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 01:26 PM

27,176 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubianqueen View Post
Title says it all. Looking for a city that has eligible black men to marry. I am from Pensacola and everyone marries their high school sweetheart. Not much competition here as well.
I would look to the cities with a significant Black professionals population. DC, Baltimore, Chicago, Newark, Houston, Atlanta and Cleveland are good examples in my opinion and would choose accordingly to where you feel you can transfer your occupation easiest along with obvious financial considerations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.