Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times

Advertisements

I am a single mother of a soon to be 2 year old. I lost my mom a few years back and i have no family where i am living. I live in the crime-ridden city of Reading, PA ( outside of Allentown for most who don't know). Anyways, i've lived here since she passed ( and a few years with her here, we relocated when i was 8.) Things between my childs father and i havent been good since she was born. I'm currently living with his family but i am sick of this city and the situation all together. I have my heart set on relocating somewhere that has alot more support for single moms and is much, much more safer. Not having any family or parents to turn to i found this forum and thought it was worth a try. Some ideas or advice from someone in similar situations or single-motherhood would help alot!

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 04:58 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,998,391 times
First, is the child's father OK with you moving? He could possibly stop you.

Without knowing someone who lives elsewhere, it will probably come down to what you can afford and what kind of work you do.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:57 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,379,702 times
I don't have kids but I have relocated across the country twice so I do have that kind of experience. You need to be more specific in describing your wants and needs. Some examples: what type of job will you be looking for, what is your budget, are you looking for a certain climate, will you need public transportation and so forth? Cost of living is very important.

Once you get an idea of where these things are that would suit you, you can then narrow it down further to what types of schools and support groups there are for moms and single moms.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 AM

23 posts, read 26,198 times
Come to Indianapolis! One of the lowest costs of living in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.