Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:04 AM

884 posts, read 1,033,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
...Or how about treating all blacks (or at least non-stereotypical blacks) as individuals and allowing them to integrate into your society (like you do for Asians, Jews, South Indians, and Americanized Hispanics) and not like a monolithic race (or rather, a disease). And don't go off saying, "well, it's only the South that's still doing that." I've seen the treatment of blacks by nearly people of every region in the nation, and Yankee-northern liberals are the leading social suppressors of blacks today (especially blacks who aren't on welfare, don't appear stereotypical, or don't cause crime).

All I have to say to you is WTF. But then again, what does one expect from one who's from Milwaukee.
I think you should revisit grade school and learn the definitions of Hypocrisy and Stereotype and how they may correlate within your half-assed babble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 10:29 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Wow, this **** got ugly.

African-Americans still face racism in this country, but it's a different kind of racism. The racism of stereotyping.

Whenever you turn on the news, you see Black people commiting crimes or acting all thuged-out. In truth, the vast majority of the Blacks I know are normal everyday people trying to get by. I see plenty of Black people in suits and ties making it in America, even snooty upper-class ones!

Both Blacks and Whites are getting a raw deal here in 21st Century America. Blacks are always assumed to be commiting crime or sucking welfare and Whites always get typecast into the whole KKK/backward intolerant oppressor role. Don't even get me started on how everyone who's Latino is thought of as "Illegal".

Here's a radical idea:

stop thinking all Blacks are poor/criminal prone
stop thinking all Whites are racist and evil
stop thinking every other Latino you meet is "Illegal"

I guarentee if everybody started thinking with their heads and not with the boob-tube, the better **** would be.

The End

Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
I will NEVER EVER in my entire life take one bit of accountability for "their" BLACKS misbehavior.
It's talk like that that gets blacks all riled up! All you white people do is generalize and stereotype us and when we get offened you all act like you've said nothing wrong.

You constantly blame your cities problems on blacks and bash our culture. I understand some blacks do still have a grudge agianst whites or that some feel as though the world owes them alot,but the same can be said for the white people.

It's not our fault the majority of us were raised in bad neighborhoods or that it seems like the only way to make money is to sell drugs. Ya'll wouldn't understand how hard it is for us and how much good the "bad" blacks have in them. It's just that everytime they try to change; they're never given a chance.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's talk like that that gets blacks all riled up! All you white people do is generalize and stereotype us and when we get offened you all act like you've said nothing wrong.

You constantly blame your cities problems on blacks and bash our culture. I understand some blacks do still have a grudge agianst whites or that some feel as though the world owes them alot,but the same can be said for the white people.

It's not our fault the majority of us were raised in bad neighborhoods or that it seems like the only way to make money is to sell drugs. Ya'll wouldn't understand how hard it is for us and how much good the "bad" blacks have in them. It's just that everytime they try to change; they're never given a chance.
I don't think I really buy much of that but why don't you tell me how to solve that vicious cycle you speak of.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

Look buddy, try not to stereotype us ok? Not all of us white people "generalize" although you yourself are guilty of it.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Look buddy, try not to stereotype us ok? Not all of us white people "generalize" although you yourself are guilty of it.
no, the majority of whites do stereotype but ya'll seem to not notice when you are. Everyone is guilty of it,but I don't think all whites are racist,trailer trash,stupid,etc. Whenever blacks are discussed on this board; the bad things about them are always brought up and never the good.

Sto trying to understand hows it like, when you people have no idea how hard it is for us sometimes. We may bring up the word "racism" alot,but its because ya'll havent been through what we have.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
-sigh- I knew this thread was going to get ugly. One hater comes in and posts, and ruins what could have been an interesting discussion.
We will never advance as a society until we learn to stop judging people as a category, and look at them as individuals.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sigh- I knew this thread was going to get ugly. One hater comes in and posts, and ruins what could have been an interesting discussion.
We will never advance as a society until we learn to stop judging people as a category, and look at them as individuals.
Who's the "hater"? The poster who claims future riots, which will make former riots look like tea parties, are a direct result of whites ignoring blacks?

Or is it me for standing up for white people who aren't the cause of these ridiculous displays of lawlessness.

I think you are using the word "hate" in place of "FED UP".

Maybe some of my banter is over the top and illogical. That sometimes happens when people are angry when they have to put up with the same repetitive crap.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
steve, anger is the opposite of logic, I learned that in my freshman debate classes. I am just pointing out that this could have been an interesting discussion, but peoples emotions got the better of them, unfortunately. I am not trying to point the finger at any one person here.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
steve, anger is the opposite of logic, I learned that in my freshman debate classes. I am just pointing out that this could have been an interesting discussion, but peoples emotions got the better of them, unfortunately. I am not trying to point the finger at any one person here.
Well I apologize, now back on topic.....

Btw, I used "illogical" and "angry".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.