U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 04:26 PM

11 posts, read 10,575 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm looking to move at the end of this year and those are the two options. I am a CNA looking to pursue the RN program soon after. I have a 5 year old so obviously a good schoolin system is a must. Safety is very important seeing as I'm a single mother of a little girl. Diversity would be nice and friendliness if possibly. We are very loving people. Also, heat..... I have asthma and rather enjoy outdoors things. Which is great most of the time and not hard to breathe in? Any help would be fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:50 PM

4,568 posts, read 3,680,309 times
I feel like with your lungs you would do better in the desert but it would be a hit or miss, depending on your asthma. My brother, a life-long Phoenician, has pretty bad asthma. He seems to do pretty well with his medication as far as outdoor activity.

Despite Arizona's bad reputation for education because of funding, there are plenty of good districts in the Valley. Most of them are in the East Valley (Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, etc.) and depending on where your RN program is I'm sure you'll find a good district. Most of Phoenix is safe and you shouldn't have a safety issue, especially if you're in a good school district area. There is generally a strong correlation between crime and school districts, at least in the Phoenix metro.

Arizonans are "live and let live" people. Since most Arizonans are transplants they are very open and friendly to other transplants rather than being closed like I have experienced in other parts of the country. Not sure where Arizona ranks on diversity. It's mostly White Non-Hispanic and White Hispanic, but Houston is probably better on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or