Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,821,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
He fell in love, married and had 3 kids with some Kazakistani girl from Miami.

Btw, I'm technically a realtor too, but I use it just to lower my closing costs on my purchases. I say in 20-30 years, it will be even higher. I'm not sure if blueheron thought ahead to 20-30 years or is just following the herd on the slow-down coming in 1-2 years. Doesn't matter, a lot of realtors have differing opinions, some make money, some go red. if there was a 100% certainty and agreement on everything, there would be no money, money lies in the uncertainty.
I can agree with this. Nobody knows. I've thought about getting my realtor license as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM

892 posts, read 850,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I can agree with this. Nobody knows. I've thought about getting my realtor license as well
If you want to make money, don't go into real-estate. If you want to protect your wealth (like I do) then go into real-estate. I basically use my license as creative ways for lowering my tax burden.

If you want to make money, go into stocks.

For example, during super Tuesday when stocks have a tendency to crash, I bought 90,000 shares of UPL at 0.249 a share.

Today while I was posting with you, it surged to 1.51 when I sold it. Right now it rests at 1.33.

If you do the math, I made 113,400 (after trade fees) with just a couple clicks of the button. I'm pretty sure that's more money than many people on this board make over the entire year (unfortunately, this is a short term gain so the government will do their best to tax me).

But over almost no work, I can make more money than most people get slaving away.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:12 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,821,305 times
Quote:
If you want to make money, don't go into real-estate. If you want to protect your wealth (like I do) then go into real-estate. I basically use my license as creative ways for lowering my tax burden.

For example, during super Tuesday when stocks have a tendency to crash, I bought 90,000 shares of UPL at 0.249 a share.

Today while I was posting with you, it surged to 1.51 when I sold it. Right now it rests at 1.33.

If you do the math, I made 113,400 (after trade fees) with just a couple clicks of the button. I'm pretty sure that's more money than many people on this board make over the entire year (unfortunately, this is a short term gain so the government will do their best to tax me).
But over almost no work, I can make more money than most people get slaving away.
Damn that's crazy

Old 03-03-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Damn that's crazy
What's crazier is it could have been much better.

UPL stock has a 52nd week high of 18.04, and a 52nd week low of 0.18. If I had invested my shares at the 52nd week low and sold at the 52nd week high, my earnings would be 1.6 million dollars, just from some clicks of a button.

Ofc, with these penny stocks, it takes great will power to let yourself hold onto that stock to reach the maximum. Great willpower.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:49 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,904,368 times
Quote:

That sounds like Penny Stocks you're dealing in presently

Old 03-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
That sounds like Penny Stocks you're dealing in presently
Penny stocks are anything under 3$ a share, and yes, I'm dealing in Penny Stocks as well as non-penny stocks (mostly indices).

I'm banking big on the surge of energy. UPL was one struggling natural energy company with a lot of debt, and I'll keep cycling their stock. But I'm also paying attention to EXCO, SDRL, RIG, and CHK. Some of them are not penny stocks, some of them are barely penny stocks.

And penny stocks are the only serious way to make money short-term in the stock market, the other kinds of stocks are long term investments. You need both kind of strategies in your game.

But an example of how you can make money on a penny stock without even the stock making money is uncertainty. After all, this is pennies we're talking about. For example I can buy at 151 cents and sell at 152 cents, someone somewhere set their software to a limit of 152 cents (within a penny) because they were lazy and to them it's just a penny a share!

As Benjamin Franklin says a penny saved is a penny earned. At 90,000 shares I just made 900$, really the stock didn't go up, I just resold it to someone lazy to set his market limits more precise.

But ofc, 900$ is small potatoes for me so I don't bother making money this way.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:28 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,329,124 times
Quote:
Penny stocks are anything under 3$ a share, and yes, I'm dealing in Penny Stocks as well as non-penny stocks (mostly indices).

I'm banking big on the surge of energy. UPL was one struggling natural energy company with a lot of debt, and I'll keep cycling their stock. But I'm also paying attention to EXCO, SDRL, RIG, and CHK. Some of them are not penny stocks, some of them are barely penny stocks.

And penny stocks are the only serious way to make money short-term in the stock market, the other kinds of stocks are long term investments. You need both kind of strategies in your game.

But an example of how you can make money on a penny stock without even the stock making money is uncertainty. After all, this is pennies we're talking about. For example I can buy at 151 cents and sell at 152 cents, someone somewhere set their software to a limit of 152 cents (within a penny) because they were lazy and to them it's just a penny a share!

As Benjamin Franklin says a penny saved is a penny earned. At 90,000 shares I just made 900$, really the stock didn't go up, I just resold it to someone lazy to set his market limits more precise.

But ofc, 900$ is small potatoes for me so I don't bother making money this way.
I make serious money on the stock market and I've never invested a dollar in a penny stock. So saying that penny stocks are the only way to make money short-term in the stock market simply isn't true...much like many of the things you listed in this thread regarding Florida vs NC.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I make serious money on the stock market and I've never invested a dollar in a penny stock. So saying that penny stocks are the only way to make money short-term in the stock market simply isn't true...much like many of the things you listed in this thread regarding Florida vs NC.
Unless you're investing millions of dollars in the stock market, there is no way to make serious money in non-penny stocks over the short-term. Well, I don't know what you mean by "serious" money, since you were complaining about the price of car insurance earlier.

But to give you why you can't make serious money (unless you're putting millions in the stock market) is my example.

I bought 90,000 shares at basically a quarter, if you do the math that's 22,500k roughly. That's not a lot of money.

Now let's say this is the cost of XLE (an ETF I own), to buy 90,000 shares at their price (60$) would be 5.4 million dollars.

So yeah. The money is in the shares and the fluctuations, not in the base value of the stocks. Many wall street people made their fortunes on penny stocks, including the guy who they based the move "Wolf of Wall Street."

So I'm not sure why you're trying to be smart or condescending, I'm pretty sure you never made 110k between Tuesday and Thursday. But by all means don't invest in penny stocks. Are they morally wrong or something

Old 03-03-2016, 09:53 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,329,124 times
Quote:
Unless you're investing millions of dollars in the stock market, there is no way to make serious money in non-penny stocks over the short-term. Well, I don't know what you mean by "serious" money, since you were complaining about the price of car insurance earlier.

But to give you why you can't make serious money (unless you're putting millions in the stock market) is my example.

I bought 90,000 shares at basically a quarter, if you do the math that's 22,500k roughly. That's not a lot of money.

Now let's say this is the cost of XLE (an ETF I own), to buy 90,000 shares at their price (60$) would be 5.4 million dollars.

So yeah. The money is in the shares and the fluctuations, not in the base value of the stocks. Many wall street people made their fortunes on penny stocks, including the guy who they based the move "Wolf of Wall Street."

So I'm not sure why you're trying to be smart or condescending, I'm pretty sure you never made 110k between Tuesday and Thursday. But by all means don't invest in penny stocks. Are they morally wrong or something
Serious money is relative. I've only been trading since July and I've already doubled my bank account a few times over. That's serious money to me. And it's put me into position to buy property in the next year or so.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:28 AM

481 posts, read 500,441 times
Quote:
To some of the people on the Florida forum, North Carolina is heaven and Florida is hell.

Having very little experience with North Carolina... My experience is

My business put me in Atlanta for 2 months, I visited Charlotte then.
When I moved to Miami...

1)North Carolina has nicer people.

2)North Carolina has a cheaper cost of living.

3)North Carolina has mountains.

4)North Carolina has 4 seasons.

Let's leave this thread in the Florida forum, since it's really about Florida's perspective to North Carolina.
1)North Carolina has nicer people.
Compares to Miami, yes. But Miami is a small part of the state, and is not a good indication to what Florida has to offer and what Florida actually is.

2)North Carolina has a cheaper cost of living. See my response to #1

3)North Carolina has mountains.
This is true, but Lake county has some nices hills, and Florida has swamps and lakes. so there!

4)North Carolina has 4 seasons. Why would anybody want 4 seasons??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.