U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 AM

3,150 posts, read 3,086,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Which is why it's my dream, and not yours. The currently hip, and/or uber-urbane do not appeal to me whatsoever. Overly-built environments don't usually do it for me.
I know what you mean... some places just get under the skin. This native Californian dreams of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Lol! Probably wouldn't survive the first winter in reality since I've only visited twice, once in summer and once in fall, but I fell in love! So peaceful, so much nature! More "characters" than "hipsters". So opposite of what I grew up with, years ago moving from apartment to apartment with my mom in the smoggy San Fernando Valley! Doh!

Sigh... I do dream of the Keweenaw! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 06:10 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,420,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Why are you in Colorado then? It's not like Spokane is unaffordable or something.
Colorado gives me $$$$$$

Spokane only has $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I know what you mean... some places just get under the skin. This native Californian dreams of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Lol! Probably wouldn't survive the first winter in reality since I've only visited twice, once in summer and once in fall, but I fell in love! So peaceful, so much nature! More "characters" than "hipsters". So opposite of what I grew up with, years ago moving from apartment to apartment with my mom in the smoggy San Fernando Valley! Doh!

Awesome; my upbringing was similar in the Inland Empire. Next time, visit in winter.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:23 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,508,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post

Where are you now? Maybe we can trade houses. I'm not on the Keweenaw but I am on Stonington Peninsula. Right on Lake Michigan.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:12 PM

8,339 posts, read 9,798,041 times
My dream would be a home close to Na Pali on Kauai, a home on the northern Oregon coast, maybe near Canon Beach, and a home in Park City, Utah. I'd split time between the three, giving me access to my favorite types of play activities. Big cities? Not even on my radar; you can all keep them.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:40 PM

613 posts, read 977,824 times
For me, a survivalist retreat with forested land in a far Northern state (Probably AK, NW MT, Northern ID, or Northern ME), with a cabin, barn, and underground bunker.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 PM

216 posts, read 128,331 times
In the middle of nowhere in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming.

A second home in New Orleans when I get the urge to return to civilization.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:53 PM

403 posts, read 452,915 times
Is northern Idaho suddenly becoming more popular? There have been a few mentions of it on this thread.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,640,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawksfan33 View Post
Is northern Idaho suddenly becoming more popular? There have been a few mentions of it on this thread.
Google Coeur D'Alene. You'll understand.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:46 PM

403 posts, read 452,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Google Coeur D'Alene. You'll understand.
I know of it, but I never thought that it was known since it's in Idaho.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:57 PM

6,329 posts, read 4,680,714 times
Southern New Mexico with my picks, shovels and Winchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or