Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 07:23 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Awesome, I predicted subconsciously racially biased replies and got deleted for racism

Anyway I predicted that most of the cities listed will be those with small black populations and lots of outdoorsy yuppies like Denver, Austin and Seattle, as well as cities with large beautiful people industries like New York, LA, and Miami.

A few years ago travel and leisure magazine had its readers do a survey of what cities have the most beautiful in the least attractive people, and five of the 10 least attractive cities were majority or plurality black. Too many people have far too narrow concepts of what is and isn't beautiful.
Meh, you're probably right. I was only replying about white women because I know that's usually what these posts on CD are looking for.

And BTW, most people do not rave about beautiful women in cities like Denver, Austin, and Seattle. Physically fit, yes. But attractive? lol Go visit yourself and see.

But you're right. In any given region, beauty relies on social status. An ethnic group that is generally higher income will be more desirable. Now for the US, it depends on the region and what industry you're in. Blondes are cherished so much because historically blond Nordics and blond Anglos have been upper income in this country, so people have come to idolize them as the symbol of beauty. But go to many regions in Russia and you'll find that blonde is not a very desirable trait for marriage amongst ambitious Russian men, because the blondes in Russia are often prostitutes and lower class immigrants from nearby Latvia and Ukraine and that's what the urban Russians have come to associate it with. (Contrary to popular belief, most Russians are not blonde but light brown/ashy dark blonde - a bright blonde color is considered too loud and scandalous amongst conservative average Russians). Same phenomenon can be applied to tall men, as tall males in the USA generally earn more and are seen as more imposing. In the USA, it's sad but true that black women are generally not desirable regardless of how fit and well educated she is, except for in very liberal, progressive cities on the coasts and amongst tight-knit African-American communities. The USA is especially a status-driven society due to the Anglo influence. American males in particular marry to climb up on the social ladder.

Hypergamy rules all

Last edited by skidamarink; 04-17-2016 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 07:27 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
I have been to 44 states, but not living there nor even staying long enough to establish any kind of ratings on the physical attractiveness of the people there.
It seems like any such ratings would be based on a limited sample. I have seen a lot of very attractive people in Maui and Oahu, but they are probably mostly tourists from elsewhere, much like in many of the other cities rated high here.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:53 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,142,271 times
It is all subjective and there are perhaps countless lists. Here's another:

Here's Where America's Most and Least Attractive People Live According to Dating App Clover - ABC News

Old 04-17-2016, 09:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,090,856 times
Minnesota is very underrated when it comes to the quantity of beautiful women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Thin doesn't automatically mean attractive...I'd take average or slightly pudgy with a beautiful face over thin with a horse face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Meh, you're probably right. I was only replying about white women because I know that's usually what these posts on CD are looking for.

And BTW, most people do not rave about beautiful women in cities like Denver, Austin, and Seattle. Physically fit, yes. But attractive? lol Go visit yourself and see.

But you're right. In any given region, beauty relies on social status. An ethnic group that is generally higher income will be more desirable. Now for the US, it depends on the region and what industry you're in. Blondes are cherished so much because historically blond Nordics and blond Anglos have been upper income in this country, so people have come to idolize them as the symbol of beauty. But go to many regions in Russia and you'll find that blonde is not a very desirable trait for marriage amongst ambitious Russian men, because the blondes in Russia are often prostitutes and lower class immigrants from nearby Latvia and Ukraine and that's what the urban Russians have come to associate it with. (Contrary to popular belief, most Russians are not blonde but light brown/ashy dark blonde - a bright blonde color is considered too loud and scandalous amongst conservative average Russians). Same phenomenon can be applied to tall men, as tall males in the USA generally earn more and are seen as more imposing. In the USA, it's sad but true that black women are generally not desirable regardless of how fit and well educated she is, except for in very liberal, progressive cities on the coasts and amongst tight-knit African-American communities. The USA is especially a status-driven society due to the Anglo influence. American males in particular marry to climb up on the social ladder.

Hypergamy rules all
LOL...true. I think a lot of women in Denver think they're hotter than they really are because it is Menver after all. When supply is low and demand is high they move up a point or two on the scale.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,810,285 times
Is this about men or women?

Also this is highly subjective. For an example I'm a straight woman, and my go to type is tall blonde men. And by tall I mean really tall. So that's probably somewhere in Minnesota or Wisconsin or something. Arizonan men are usually dark-haired, tan, and on the shorter side. They aren't my type for the most part and my type in fact is incredibly hard to find here. Not that there aren't any tall blonde men here but they are rare.

The link above me somewhere mentioned Scottsdale, AZ as being #2 for attractive men. I personally would disagree with that for the reasons stated above.

I'm a tall, dark blonde, tan (part Italian, so not super tan) woman. I'm 5'8" and I'm about the same height or even taller as the majority of men here. I don't know what area of the country I stereotypically fit in as this is what this thread is going to be based off of, stereotypes. But I know I'm not the go to type here either, probably because of my height. Most girls here are also short and dark-haired. Though there are a lot of fake bottle blonde girls here that match the California look.

Now if you like Hispanics then I would recommend Arizona. They take up about half the population in both Tucson and Phoenix. And there are a lot of beautiful Latinas and Latinos here.

But if I had to guess assuming this is highly subjective I would nominate NYC, Miami, and Los Angeles as a three-way tie. This is because these three cities are home to the major modeling industries. Lots of people flock to these cities to try to get into modeling or move from the other states to these cities for better modeling opportunities as they're already in it. I know a few professional models who have done it for the sake of progressing their career, and most of which have moved to Los Angeles as that one is closer to Phoenix. Using the same link as I mentioned above, my theory supports that for most attractive women, with Boston being randomly in there.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:22 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,038 times
For me the most attractive people I've seen in a city have to go to either Scottsdale, DC, or Boston.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:45 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,870,959 times
With women, isn't it really about makeup? I say this because Seattle women don't wear much, and hence, they are attributed to be unattractive, and it is really false.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:48 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
With women, isn't it really about makeup? I say this because Seattle women don't wear much, and hence, they are attributed to be unattractive, and it is really false.
This is generally the same perception of the upper midwest. However, the more I travel the more I realize that the Twin Cities have A LOT of naturally beautiful women.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
I just spent a gorgeous weekend in Wilmington, North Carolina, and my friends and I couldn't believe how attractive the people were! The healthy and happy kind of beautiful.

Have you experienced something similar in your travels?
People in Wilmington are attractive, yes.

People in Charleston are probably even more attractive.

People in Los Angeles are the most attractive I've seen in the US by a wide margin, although it's not exactly natural.

Personally -- when I went to Copenhagen and Amsterdam, I thought that the attractiveness levels were off the charts by American standards. Everyone dresses well. Everyone is fit. Even people with.. "unfortunate" genetics take very good care of their bodies. When I came back to America I saw with new eyes how fat people here really are, and how people who are less-than-attractive to begin with have a tendency to completely let themselves go.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:24 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,349 times
I think it would be very tough to beat Miami - specifically Miami Beach and Brickell. Even when compared to LA and NYC, I think the per capita in Miami is much better. Quite literally, everywhere you walk.....you see a caliber of beauty you just don't see in many places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.