U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 AM

2,102 posts, read 628,647 times

Advertisements

People look the same everywhere to me (in the US)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 12:11 AM

19,157 posts, read 9,877,996 times
I'm hetero male so I can only comment on the female sex....least attractive is Oregon and San Francisco and most attractive were Texas, North Carolina, idaho and Utah.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:54 AM

21,349 posts, read 30,725,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm hetero male so I can only comment on the female sex....least attractive is Oregon and San Francisco and most attractive were Texas, North Carolina, idaho and Utah.
As a hetero male you are allowed to comment on other men, since it's considered acceptable for hetero women to comment on other women. In the end I think you're conflicting the term hetero with homophobic however.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 AM

19,157 posts, read 9,877,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
As a hetero male you are allowed to comment on other men, since it's considered acceptable for hetero women to comment on other women. In the end I think you're conflicting the term hetero with homophobic however.
My comment on men is that I don't find any of them attractive.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:45 AM

5,182 posts, read 2,218,927 times
This will probably cause anger some, but I find natural beauty reduced when tattoos (especially on women) is significant. I can think of two areas - far apart - with roughly the same "natural beauty", but the one without (or with few) tats maintains that natural beauty, and the one that promotes them ruins it.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:49 AM

2,994 posts, read 2,083,629 times
No anger here, agreement...ditto for body piercings—not a fan but to each their own.

Rather than body art, I also get turned on by (1) women who dress with class and style; and (2) I am attracted to sexy and intelligent women. I got spoiled growing up in NY—1/2 the women were as smart, or smarter, than the guys with many women I went to high school with becoming attorneys, physicians, marketing executives, etc. with quite a few extremely physically attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
This will probably cause initiate anger for some, but I find natural beauty reduced when tattoos (especially on women) is significant. I can think of two areas - far apart - with roughly the same "natural beauty", but those without tats maintain that natural beauty better. The others ruin it IMO.

Last edited by elchevere; 08-14-2019 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM

714 posts, read 646,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
This will probably cause annoy some, but I find natural beauty reduced when tattoos (especially on women) is significant. I can think of two areas - far apart - with roughly the same "natural beauty", but the one without (or with few) tats maintains that natural beauty, and the one that promotes them ruins it.
No anger here. Everyone has a thing, itís nuts to ridicule what someone else is attracted to.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:12 PM

3,804 posts, read 2,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Meh, you're probably right. I was only replying about white women because I know that's usually what these posts on CD are looking for.

And BTW, most people do not rave about beautiful women in cities like Denver, Austin, and Seattle. Physically fit, yes. But attractive? lol Go visit yourself and see.

But you're right. In any given region, beauty relies on social status. An ethnic group that is generally higher income will be more desirable. Now for the US, it depends on the region and what industry you're in. Blondes are cherished so much because historically blond Nordics and blond Anglos have been upper income in this country, so people have come to idolize them as the symbol of beauty. But go to many regions in Russia and you'll find that blonde is not a very desirable trait for marriage amongst ambitious Russian men, because the blondes in Russia are often prostitutes and lower class immigrants from nearby Latvia and Ukraine and that's what the urban Russians have come to associate it with. (Contrary to popular belief, most Russians are not blonde but light brown/ashy dark blonde - a bright blonde color is considered too loud and scandalous amongst conservative average Russians). Same phenomenon can be applied to tall men, as tall males in the USA generally earn more and are seen as more imposing. In the USA, it's sad but true that black women are generally not desirable regardless of how fit and well educated she is, except for in very liberal, progressive cities on the coasts and amongst tight-knit African-American communities. The USA is especially a status-driven society due to the Anglo influence. American males in particular marry to climb up on the social ladder.

Hypergamy rules all
I think blondes have been raved about for different reasons. Almost all whites are born blond and with light eyes. Implying the attraction to blondes is really just the animalistic desire for youth and fertility. This is manifested elsewhere as well. Although I don't see women seeing blonde men as more attractive, as women tend to actually prefer older and more emasculated men.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:51 PM

169 posts, read 33,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I think blondes have been raved about for different reasons. Almost all whites are born blond and with light eyes. Implying the attraction to blondes is really just the animalistic desire for youth and fertility. This is manifested elsewhere as well. Although I don't see women seeing blonde men as more attractive, as women tend to actually prefer older and more emasculated men.
Blondes are overrated. And blond men are definitely not attractive to me. I don't like most redheads either. I'm mostly into dark haired men except Middle Eastern types, and Asians.

As for cities with the best looking Americans...they must be out West because most Southerners are fat, ugly, and low class in appearance (even when they're rich).

Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 PM

2,102 posts, read 628,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Blondes are overrated. And blond men are definitely not attractive to me. I don't like most redheads either. I'm mostly into dark haired men except Middle Eastern types, and Asians.

As for cities with the best looking Americans...they must be out West because most Southerners are fat, ugly, and low class in appearance (even when they're rich).
Quite a biased statement. I've met a lot of beautiful women from the South. If you think everyone there looks like Walmart scooter people, you don't know very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or