U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 PM
 
5,805 posts, read 8,571,065 times
Reputation: 3051

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm from Cleveland. Pittsburgh and Cleveland both have east coast similarities, true. If Pittsburgh thinks of itself as NYC, Boston, Philly, DC and itself, that's just hilarious. ZERO people on the east coast think about Pittsburgh, really ever. It's pathetic how much Pittsburgh wants to push this east coast thing.

Embrace the Great Lakes/Rust Belt whatever. It's far more accurate.
East Coast and Northeast are not synomous boundries.... This is what makes you an East Coast Eiltist.... East Coast eiliest believe Northeast and East Coast are exclusive to the same area, this is the Bubble you guys live in.

Pittsburgh doesn't think of themselves as East Coast ... Unless you're talking in Rap Slang term used from the 90's which equated East Coast with the Northeast.

Again you NO NOTHING about the Burgh or geography for that matter.

Pittsburgh is not on a lake it's not Great Lakes... Rust belt was a term that also applied to Northeastern industrial cities of Baltimore and Philadelphia, so I guess they to are more like Cleveland than NYC or DC so they must be Midwestern cities.

 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM
 
5,805 posts, read 8,571,065 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Don't be so insecure. My point still stands.
Well I discredited you point with facts. Sorry better luck next time.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
8,755 posts, read 7,700,979 times
Reputation: 7670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
East Coast and Northeast are not synomous boundries.... This is what makes you an East Coast Eiltist.... East Coast eiliest believe Northeast and East Coast are exclusive to the same area, this is the Bubble you guys live in.

Pittsburgh doesn't think of themselves as East Coast ... Unless you're talking in Rap Slang term used from the 90's which equated East Coast with the Northeast.

Again you NO NOTHING about the Burgh or geography for that matter.
LOL you're hilarious.

I didn't say anything about the east coast being superior. I just pointed out facts: that nobody on the east coast thinks about Pittsburgh, ever, let alone when talking about the place where they live. There is a really good reason for this: Pittsburgh is not the east coast.

It's like the other delusional person here saying Louisville is the midwest. Am I an elitist for thinking it's not? I guess so, if we use your logic.

I lived in Cleveland my whole life growing up. Lived in Columbus 4 years for college, Boston 4 years working professionally. Read my posts - I have a high opinion of the Great Lakes region/Rust Belt region. You are projecting your insecurities like mad here.

Pittsburgh is in no way a northeast or east coast city. At all. You are 130 miles from Cleveland and 300 miles from Philadelphia. You are the one who has an elitist attitude. Stop being ridiculous. I mean, dude, you're actually closer to Detroit than Philly. Indianapolis is only like 50 miles further from Pittsburgh than Philly. Wake up.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:18 PM
 
2,601 posts, read 4,075,878 times
Reputation: 2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Well I discredited you point with facts. Sorry better luck next time.
You have addressed nothing I said. But, whatever.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:24 PM
 
5,805 posts, read 8,571,065 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
LOL you're hilarious.

I didn't say anything about the east coast being superior. I just pointed out facts: that nobody on the east coast thinks about Pittsburgh, ever, let alone when talking about the place where they live. There is a really good reason for this: Pittsburgh is not the east coast.

It's like the other delusional person here saying Louisville is the midwest. Am I an elitist for thinking it's not? I guess so, if we use your logic.

I lived in Cleveland my whole life growing up. Lived in Columbus 4 years for college, Boston 4 years working professionally. Read my posts - I have a high opinion of the Great Lakes region/Rust Belt region. You are projecting your insecurities like mad here.

Pittsburgh is in no way a northeast or east coast city. At all. You are 130 miles from Cleveland and 300 miles from Philadelphia. You are the one who has an elitist attitude. Stop being ridiculous. I mean, dude, you're actually closer to Detroit than Philly. Wake up.
Wow, just Wow .... You're just someone who will never get it... Again one more time

East Coast and Northeast are NOT synonymous boundries .... No one said Pittsburgh was on East Coast in litteral terms.

You Obiously are someone who fails at geography. The United States Cenus Bureau places Pittsburgh in the Northeast, all of the state of Pennsylvania is in the Northeast. Pittsburgh is a City in the state of Pennsylvania not Ohio

Second you talk with a Superior Eiltist demeanor when you say lines like "that nobody on the east coast thinks about Pittsburgh, ever, let alone when talking about the place where they live" this is NOT fact this is your Opinion and an Eiltist one at that.

.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 PM
 
7,735 posts, read 4,581,276 times
Reputation: 8440
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
LOL you're hilarious.

I didn't say anything about the east coast being superior. I just pointed out facts: that nobody on the east coast thinks about Pittsburgh, ever, let alone when talking about the place where they live. There is a really good reason for this: Pittsburgh is not the east coast.

It's like the other delusional person here saying Louisville is the midwest. Am I an elitist for thinking it's not? I guess so, if we use your logic.

I lived in Cleveland my whole life growing up. Lived in Columbus 4 years for college, Boston 4 years working professionally. Read my posts - I have a high opinion of the Great Lakes region/Rust Belt region. You are projecting your insecurities like mad here.

Pittsburgh is in no way a northeast or east coast city. At all. You are 130 miles from Cleveland and 300 miles from Philadelphia. You are the one who has an elitist attitude. Stop being ridiculous. I mean, dude, you're actually closer to Detroit than Philly. Indianapolis is only like 50 miles further from Pittsburgh than Philly. Wake up.
I don't know why you keep harping on Pittsburgh's proximity to Philly. They're not close, we get it. The point you're missing is that Pittsburgh is closer to other East Coast cities. You can get to the Chesapeake Bay from Pittsburgh more quickly than you can get to Philadelphia. Fact that it's closer to Ohio than it is to Philly is meaningless. Pittsburgh is closer to Virginia than it is to Philadelphia. Does that make it the south?
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:29 PM
 
5,805 posts, read 8,571,065 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I don't know why you keep harping on Pittsburgh's proximity to Philly. They're not close, we get it. The point you're missing is that Pittsburgh is closer to other East Coast cities. You can get to the Chesapeake Bay from Pittsburgh more quickly than you can get to Philadelphia. Fact that it's closer to Ohio than it is to Philly is meaningless. Pittsburgh is closer to Virginia than it is to Philadelphia. Does that make it the south?
He's fails at basic geography when he said Pittsburgh is not Northeast because it's not on the East Coast.

That's 101 text book of someone who lives in an East Coast Elitest bubble and again fails at geography.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:35 PM
 
5,805 posts, read 8,571,065 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
You have addressed nothing I said. But, whatever.
Yea I did... I countered you foolish argument of imaginary boundries with actual facts that can be proven by source that show the relationship patterns of both the cities. You just chose to ignore it because it discredits you. "But, Whatever"
 
Old 05-02-2016, 02:45 PM
 
7,735 posts, read 4,581,276 times
Reputation: 8440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Yea I did... I countered you foolish argument of imaginary boundries with actual facts that can be proven by source that show the relationship patterns of both the cities. You just chose to ignore it because it discredits you. "But, Whatever"
The 13 colonies were not imaginary. Pittsburgh is in one of them.
 
Old 05-02-2016, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
8,755 posts, read 7,700,979 times
Reputation: 7670
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I don't know why you keep harping on Pittsburgh's proximity to Philly. They're not close, we get it. The point you're missing is that Pittsburgh is closer to other East Coast cities. You can get to the Chesapeake Bay from Pittsburgh more quickly than you can get to Philadelphia. Fact that it's closer to Ohio than it is to Philly is meaningless. Pittsburgh is closer to Virginia than it is to Philadelphia. Does that make it the south?
Exactly. I'm pointing out that it's ludicrous. Not difficult to understand really. Don't see why you and so many others struggle with geography so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top