U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:52 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,631,010 times

Advertisements

I find Lincoln, Nebraska to be a very happy place. Even after months of snow and cold in the winter they are smiling and happy. It was probubly the most connected city I have been in as everyone seemed to have a large, solid social network in that city.

Boulder, Colorado is also a very happy place as people only stay in that city if it is a perfect fit for them. People are not going spend Boulder prices to be unhappy in that city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 05:42 AM

2,034 posts, read 4,554,066 times
Lafayette was on some happiest city list a couple years ago.
IN general though this is a really fun city to be in and most are pretty happy.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:04 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,407,950 times
I'm going to concur on Boulder.

Ashland, OR
Spokane, WA

Those are the only ones that stick out to me. Colorado Springs almost made the cut.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:56 AM

3,618 posts, read 1,564,526 times
austin always seems to be really loved by the people who live there, I agree with colorado springs too

Old 05-04-2016, 11:21 AM

5,409 posts, read 2,816,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I find Lincoln, Nebraska to be a very happy place. Even after months of snow and cold in the winter they are smiling and happy. It was probubly the most connected city I have been in as everyone seemed to have a large, solid social network in that city.

Boulder, Colorado is also a very happy place as people only stay in that city if it is a perfect fit for them. People are not going spend Boulder prices to be unhappy in that city.
No doubt some people in Boulder are unhappy, perhaps forced to stay longer than they want because of career reasons. But I agree that if there is any chance of leaving, they are likely to do so.

One of the things making that easier to do than in other cities is because the reason for those high prices (demand) means that they can sell their house for more than they paid (if they own a house). And for renters, demand for rentals is high enough they should be able to move before the lease is up, assuming the management allows doing so if a replacement renter is available.

In other words, they can't really lose by leaving, if they don't like it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.