U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 08:25 AM

998 posts, read 884,323 times

Advertisements

I live in the VA Beach metro. Eight of the twenty five people I work with relocated from California, all SoCal, including myself. All had moved here prior to the job we have now.
This area has a laid back, beachy vibe with quite a few amenities shared with the Southland. More than half the population of this metro (1.7 million) were born outside the state. The military, excellent East Coast location, milder weather, easy access to world class cities, beaches, mountains, relative affordability, stable/growing economy and water water everywhere have brought in people from all over the country including quite a few from the Golden State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 09:07 AM

4,114 posts, read 9,234,436 times
This Californian is about to move 5.5 hours...from Northern back to Southern California. It is kind of like moving to another state anyway.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:12 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,872,443 times
The more useful question is: where are the Californinans NOT moving?

Old 05-15-2016, 05:37 PM

1,934 posts, read 1,703,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
The more useful question is: where are the Californinans NOT moving?
LOL so true, my sister is a real estate agent in Scottsdale, AZ and says that she gets more people in the process of moving from California looking for homes than just about any other group of people. All you have to do is take a very short 5 min. drive down any street in Phoenix area and you will spot at least 5 California license plates.

Last edited by i'm not a cookie; 05-15-2016 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 05:57 PM

18,641 posts, read 27,078,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
No , what I'm saying is that majority of Californians that are moving south are black.
Mainly Texas. If Black Californians move to the South east of Texas, it's mostly Atlanta. But mainly Dallas and Houston which has picked up a ton of Black Californians.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:06 PM

99 posts, read 85,405 times
Here in Chicago, I know a lot of Californians.

But I'd imagine places like Austin, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle get the most.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:13 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,008,960 times
Since California has the largest population of the 50 states(about 12 percent of the total US Population) and is much bigger than any other state in the Western US(you have to get all the way to Texas to find another huge state in terms of population), it logically stands that they'd make up the highest percentage of migrants in the Western US. But, I mean it seems like overall Americans are always moving everywhere as it is.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,140,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
In my part of California, a lot of people you meet who are planning to leave the state either seem to be moving to Hawaii or to another country altogether including, but not limited to Australia, Thailand, Singapore, France, Italy, etc.

I don't think I live in the part of California that sends a lot of people to Arizona and Nevada. I would guess that's the Inland Empire, High Desert and Central Valley.
You're perceptions of California and the west in general are consistently off.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:34 PM

1,934 posts, read 1,703,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
You're perceptions of California and the west in general are consistently off.
I split my time between LA and Scottsdale and I full heartedly agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or