U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,726,044 times
Reputation: 15560

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Lists like this are garbage. My family used to live in New York, and we hardly ever ate out because it was so expensive. A slice of pizza at a Sbarro in Manhattan is like $6.
with all the fabulous pizza available in Manhattan, why, oh why, would one even think about eating dreck like Sbarro????? Cant figure out why you would even mention that! I know you can get a decent slice for less than $6 in Manhattan.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Southeast Missouri
5,812 posts, read 16,656,077 times
Reputation: 3335
I don't really like Sbarro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,726,044 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I don't really like Sbarro.
-blecchhhh- making retching sounds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 69,411,770 times
Reputation: 10115
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
with all the fabulous pizza available in Manhattan, why, oh why, would one even think about eating dreck like Sbarro????? Cant figure out why you would even mention that! I know you can get a decent slice for less than $6 in Manhattan.....
Right?!?! That would be like going to Chicago and eating a Papa Johns. Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Cleveland Suburbs
2,554 posts, read 5,997,202 times
Reputation: 619
I think we could see other cities like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia on this list. These cities have so many different districts throughout their cities that have so many good restaurants. Cleveland's Warehouse District and Little Italy......... doesn't get any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Cleveland Suburbs
2,554 posts, read 5,997,202 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I don't really like Sbarro.
LOL I only eat it when I find myself in the mall foodcourt or catching a flight at the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Town of Herndon/DC Metro
2,293 posts, read 5,587,849 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
My family used to live in New York, and we hardly ever ate out because it was so expensive. A slice of pizza at a Sbarro in Manhattan is like $6..
OMG! Are you Michael Scott?

I'm sorry I'm teasing you but I couldn't resist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
 
93 posts, read 218,326 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I think we could see other cities like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia on this list. These cities have so many different districts throughout their cities that have so many good restaurants. Cleveland's Warehouse District and Little Italy......... doesn't get any better.
The thing is, someone has to get cut if you're only going to list 10. While I agree that those cities have their share of excellent restaurants (in fact, one of my favorite restaurants anywhere is in Cincy), I don't think that overall they compare to any of the cities that Forbes put on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Cleveland Suburbs
2,554 posts, read 5,997,202 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL01 View Post
The thing is, someone has to get cut if you're only going to list 10. While I agree that those cities have their share of excellent restaurants (in fact, one of my favorite restaurants anywhere is in Cincy), I don't think that overall they compare to any of the cities that Forbes put on the list.
Oh I agree too. Just thought I would give my two cents on some other great cities that didn't make the list. Chicago is probaly my favorite city in the country as far as food goes. In the world it would have to be Sydney, Australia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Maryland
266 posts, read 812,429 times
Reputation: 217
I think it's a pretty good list. I would put Philly somewhere on there, though, and move LV up even higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top