Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM

936 posts, read 3,189,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post
I really hate how people from California think they have "perfect weather". Seriously, how can one or 2 seasons a year be perfect? I'd be bored silly without 4 full seasons.
don't fool yourself! socal DOES have perfect weather, which makes its beach culture perfect too, 24/7/365, any true intellect knows this! if southern californians really cared for 4 seasons, they can visit the san gabriel/big bear/laguna/julian, etc. mountains and snowboard or ski or build snowmans or snow angels, etc. there are also a crapload of dunes in socal and obviously a lot of beach as well as canyons, valleys, rolling hills, cliffs, mesas, etc. and the scenery for the most part is world class. it would be hard to enjoy all of these blessings if this place had 4 distinct seasons along the coast and inland. winter is overrated! socal prides itself as having an outdoorsy laid back culture. we don't want seasons, we just want to live comfortably. that's why we live here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Actually it makes for very self-sustainable land. Pioneers did fine didn't they? Indians too? Snow is perfectly fine for human existence. It's all about the fire and fur baby.
LOL..cant argue with fur.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:05 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
nah, there's a reason people who live in colder climates are generally more healthy.
The Bay Area is an exception to that rule.

Quote:
Snow is probably the best thing ever.
snow has its place...in the mountains. Not where we live.

Its a concept most dont grasp. Only the lucky.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 AM

312 posts, read 1,519,158 times
S A N F R A N C I S C O !

Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,697,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
don't fool yourself! socal DOES have perfect weather, which makes its beach culture perfect too, 24/7/365, any true intellect knows this! if southern californians really cared for 4 seasons, they can visit the san gabriel/big bear/laguna/julian, etc. mountains and snowboard or ski or build snowmans or snow angels, etc. there are also a crapload of dunes in socal and obviously a lot of beach as well as canyons, valleys, rolling hills, cliffs, mesas, etc. and the scenery for the most part is world class. it would be hard to enjoy all of these blessings if this place had 4 distinct seasons along the coast and inland. winter is overrated! socal prides itself as having an outdoorsy laid back culture. we don't want seasons, we just want to live comfortably. that's why we live here!
You also have Santa Ana winds and devastating wild fires that destroy hundreds (sometimes thousands) of homes almost every year. If I weren't in the downtown portion of San Diego, I'd be nervous any time the wind kicked up. That doesn't sound comfortable to me.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
Quote:
I really hate how people from California think they have "perfect weather". Seriously, how can one or 2 seasons a year be perfect? I'd be bored silly without 4 full seasons.
We have all seasons, but we deal with them on our terms. We travel to the mountains to experience winter, as opposed to having months of it and making our trips to the store a life-threatening situation. Keep your crap weather, please.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
That water is also cold and infested with stingrays and dangerous sharks. Surf at your own risk!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I don't think a city exists out West with nice weather and a healthy job market that is affordable. If it did exist, it wouldn't be affordable for long.

Having said this, I'd pick San Francisco.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 PM

3 posts, read 9,316 times
San francisco

Old 02-19-2008, 04:43 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Seattle, Portland. I love San Francisco but wouldn't raise my kids out there and it's wicked expensive. For smaller, cheaper than SEA/PDX, I suppose there's Eugene, Salem, Boise, Tacoma, Spokane and Olympia. Can't vouch for any of those except SEA/PDX/SFO though as those are the only cities in the West in which I have lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.