Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM

401 posts, read 2,604,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
If you're gunna be out west you might as well be on the coat. San Diegos weather puts Pheonix to shame
Not all the time. Sorry but 60 degrees in December and 62 degrees in July isnt my cup of tea, no way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
I agree San Diego's weather does put Phoenix's to shame,its more comfortable and easy to relax in in San Diego,I would rather have Denvers weather over Phoenix and maybe even Seattle,well maybe not,I would go crazy without sun all the time.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 AM

936 posts, read 3,190,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
That water is also cold and infested with stingrays and dangerous sharks. Surf at your own risk!
i don't think anyone in san diego has ever been killed by a shark along its coast. if im wrong, find me an article. as a matter of fact, only 1 or 2 people in the recorded history of the california coastline have ever been killed by a shark. again, if im wrong, let me know cuz im confident im not.

yes, the water is cold on many days, but the east coast doesn't have waves and you get use to mildly cold water quick especially with a wet suit on.

lastly, i've been surfing for 3-4 years now and have stepped on a couple of sting rays, but have never been stung by one, and i've lived in san diego all my life!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 AM

936 posts, read 3,190,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
You also have Santa Ana winds and devastating wild fires that destroy hundreds (sometimes thousands) of homes almost every year. If I weren't in the downtown portion of San Diego, I'd be nervous any time the wind kicked up. That doesn't sound comfortable to me.
almost every year? try ONLY 2003 and 2007, and these events were unprecedented which means the city will be more equipped and better prepared next time it happens. so your "almost every year" comment is ignorant.

also, downtown san diego is NOT the only portion that is protected from wild fires, try almost ALL of san diego with the exception of communities in the outskirts that border chaparral along the east metro area, and that's only 1/6th of the county's population and home total, hence, which is why only 500,000 of the county's 3,000,000 residents were asked to evacuate, which i was one of them i admit (never had to evacuate in my 23 years of life, all in san diego), but most of the homes that were asked to evacuate were only for precautionary reasons, even when no REAL threat existed.

people like to use the wildfire thing as an attack on san diego's image but seriously, what city is safe these days? whether it's crime, collapsing bridges, tornadoes, airplanes into buildings, fires, hurricanes, floods, school/church/mall shootings, earthquakes, bombs, blizzards, heatwaves, deep freezes, no where is ever totally safe!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Not all the time. Sorry but 60 degrees in December and 62 degrees in July isnt my cup of tea, no way
Its normally 75-80 degrees in July in San Diego. Thats perfect. Absolutely perfect. In the meantime, Phoenix is already 2.5 to 3 months into solid 100 degree plus readings with 2.5 to 3 MORE months of 100 degrees to go. Everyone knows that San Diego's weather is far superior to Phoenix's. And San Diego doesnt get nearly as cold as Phoenix either.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
i don't think anyone in san diego has ever been killed by a shark along its coast. if im wrong, find me an article. as a matter of fact, only 1 or 2 people in the recorded history of the california coastline have ever been killed by a shark. again, if im wrong, let me know cuz im confident im not.

yes, the water is cold on many days, but the east coast doesn't have waves and you get use to mildly cold water quick especially with a wet suit on.

lastly, i've been surfing for 3-4 years now and have stepped on a couple of sting rays, but have never been stung by one, and i've lived in san diego all my life!
While not many fatalities, thats still plenty of attacks and plenty scary for me!
Map of California's Confirmed Unprovoked Shark Attacks

Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 AM

172 posts, read 252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its normally 75-80 degrees in July in San Diego. Thats perfect. Absolutely perfect. In the meantime, Phoenix is already 2.5 to 3 months into solid 100 degree plus readings with 2.5 to 3 MORE months of 100 degrees to go. Everyone knows that San Diego's weather is far superior to Phoenix's. And San Diego doesnt get nearly as cold as Phoenix either.
If anyone would like facts, rather than Steve-O's exaggerations, about 100 degree weather in Phoenix, here's a good link.

National Weather Service - NWS Phoenix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.