Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
So the street view I posted shows mostly 3 story single family buildings?

And isn't the neighborhood I posted considered Cecil B Moore? Then again it seems like Kensington is broadly used, an area that I thought was considered Fairhill I heard referred to as Kensington by a local.
yes, I would say all those houses in the street view are probably single family homes, but again, you can't really tell. and you are right, it is a little to far west to be Kensington which is to the east. Farther west on the other side of the train tracks is the beginning of Templetown. It is basically just North Philly. Idk, you will find it called a bunch of different names.

this map is pretty good: http://philadelphiaplaneto.com/wp-co...0-823x1024.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
yes, I would say all those houses in the street view are probably single family homes, but again, you can't really tell. and you are right, it is a little to far west to be Kensington which is to the east. Farther west on the other side of the train tracks is the beginning of Templetown. It is basically just North Philly. Idk, you will find it called a bunch of different names.

this map is pretty good: http://philadelphiaplaneto.com/wp-co...0-823x1024.jpg
Are Philly's neighborhood boundaries even more loosely defined than those of New York?

and thanks for the map

Old 07-09-2016, 06:08 PM

504 posts, read 616,136 times
Boston has some areas like the Fenway/Kenmore Neighborhood and some of the areas near Northeastern that are filled with 1920s apartment buildings. There are quite a few streets like this: Queensberry St, Fenway

Huntington Ave near Northeastern

Comm Ave in Allston/Brighton

Even parts of the Back Bay have a lot of apartments.Beacon St

Kelton St Allston

Boston actually is more of a small apartment city than anything else and is not dominated by triple deckers in the same way Philly is covered by row houses. This is becoming even more apparent as most new development even in traditional triple decker neighborhoods is in 4+ story apartment and condo buildings.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:16 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Are Philly's neighborhood boundaries even more loosely defined than those of New York?

and thanks for the map
I wouldn't say they are loosely defined exactly. Up until 1854, the city of Philadelphia was only Center City. There were numerous other boroughs and townships with their own town centers and main streets that kind of set the boundaries for the neighborhoods.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:02 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Miami's midrise and highrise housing goes well beyond its tiny city limits. This sort of housing can be found all over the metro, including many developments in the western burbs. What is typically seen is the development along the water in both the mainland and the barrier island communities but don't be fooled; land is scarce in greater Miami for new housing and the only way to go now for most of it is vertical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.