U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 AM

1,680 posts, read 3,185,173 times

Advertisements

Denver has Highland, and East Colfax although compared with Chicago, Houston, LA or DC it isn't bad at all. Parts of Commerce City and Aurora are sort of run down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 11:56 PM

96 posts, read 103,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
In Memphis
North Memphis
South Memphis
South of Midtown
Southeast Memphis
Of these sections there are almost 50 neighborhoods and U can go from a millon dollar house to a 35,000 dollar house in a sec
Yeah Memphis seemed to be a very rough city when I passed through there. I stopped at Wendy's over off of HWY 78 and I was standing in line at first but then a lot of the elements came in the store and the way they behaved looked as if any given moment something could have happened even to the point of them pulling a gun out. So then I left and crossed the Mississippi and ended up getting my lunch in Arkansas

Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 AM

96 posts, read 103,001 times
Here in Sacramento the roughest areas are Del Paso Heights, Oak Park, Stockton Blvd. and South Sac where they nicknamed it as, Little Iraq. Those are the areas you definitely don't want to be in

Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 AM

363 posts, read 617,984 times
Nebraska has North Omaha, and I guess South Omaha. North O though is the main ghetto.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 AM

363 posts, read 617,984 times
Oh, and I guess mentioning Nebraska's other cities, i'd say Lincoln doesn't have any bad neighborhood. The closest would be what used to be known as the "North Bottoms" or the "Russian Bottoms (named because it was settled by Germans from Russia)" which more or less is a student ghetto mixed with low income residents. It certainly isn't bad, just poor.

Sadly, nebraska also is starting to get a bit of a hispanic gang problem in some of the smaller communities like Grand Island and Columbus. These towns aren't dangerous by any means, but its a negative side of immigration, even though on the whole I think its a good thing and a lot of towns would die if the Hispanics didn't' move in.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:14 AM

3,288 posts, read 6,108,569 times
Certain parts of North Jacksonville (the huge swath of hood east & west of I-95 North, the north & west by I-295 & the south by I-10. This is where the violent NS crime is found).

Last edited by Northside904; 11-03-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-03-2017, 12:19 PM

979 posts, read 356,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieTransplant View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention one of my favorites, Gary, Indiana.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, there is no area in Pittsburgh that is "Dangerous", but then I guess it's how you define "dangerous".

Unfortunatley, with the departure of the steel mills, a lot of small towns along the rivers have become run down, and inevitably crime has crept in.

In the city itself, in 2008, the North side of Pittsburgh seemed to be the most active crime wise. We can't forget the "Hill" District (yes, the focal point of the former tv series "Hill Street Blues"). On the east side of the city, we have Homewood that has been notorious for murder over the years, and the borough of Wilkinsburg.

You left out some of the "south hilltop" area, neighborhoods like Beltzhoover, Mt. Oliver, etc. Those areas can get pretty rough. Although, for the most part, you're not really in too much danger in Pittsburgh unless you are involved with drug and/or gang activity.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:11 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,403,138 times
Most dangerous parts of Columbus are South Linden (east side), Hilltop (west side) and parts of the near east side.

In Ohio overall I don't have any objective data to verify this but I imagine the city of East Cleveland or parts of Cleveland's east side are the worst.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:41 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,526,206 times
The entire Bay Area has so many places to avoid.

Oakland, Vallejo, Antioch, Pittsburg, Andy Richmond I would say have the worst areas overall to avoid. But even San Francisco, Berkeley, and San Jose have some bad areas too.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:15 PM

5,300 posts, read 3,305,544 times
People think of Chicago as having high crime, but Rockford, IL actually worse. For such a small city, the crime rate is very high.

Now about Chicago... Everyone thinks the city is like a war zone, but it's not true. Downtown and the north side are very safe. You're just as safe there as you would be in most places across the country. However, the south and west sides are a different story. If you live west or south, your chances of being a victim of a crime are significantly higher than anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.