U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM

216 posts, read 889,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
but if there were two bad cities in north county, no local would hesitate to say escondido or oceanside
Really? Both cities looked nice whenever I've been by. Or are they bad compared to the surrounding cities? But then again I'm just a tourist, what would I know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 11:44 PM

401 posts, read 2,373,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwjake20 View Post
In Milwaukee, the north side has the highest crime per capita of anywhere in the nation.
Where the heck did you get this?? Looking at the Milwauke crime stats its not even remotely close to some other places

Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 PM

401 posts, read 2,373,523 times
In my state - Ohio

East side of Cleveland isnt pretty at all. There are a few areas of Cleveland that I would stay away from. Youngstown is just awful. Some parts of Dayton are all abandoned and crime-ridden. The east side of Columbus has gotten bad the past few years. I hear some parts of Cincinnati are too but I dont know enough about that to comment on it

Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 AM

34 posts, read 52,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Where the heck did you get this?? Looking at the Milwauke crime stats its not even remotely close to some other places
The city declared it a war zone a few summers ago. You have to look per capita.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 AM

4,893 posts, read 7,653,336 times
Since Youngstown was brought into this, I'll clarify. Parts of the South and East sides are dangerous. Most of the city's murders happen in the hot spots on these sides of the city.

I don't know the east side's "hot spot" that well. But the south side's hot spot could be defined as the area bounded by Market on the west, South Ave. on the east, Midlotian on the south, and Indianola on the north.

I don't mean to imply that the rest of the city is crime-free, but it's worse in these areas. The crime rate in the rest of the city is comparable to many midwestern cities.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:01 PM

148 posts, read 641,560 times
.hartford.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM

939 posts, read 2,828,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang34 View Post
Really? Both cities looked nice whenever I've been by. Or are they bad compared to the surrounding cities? But then again I'm just a tourist, what would I know?
lol here's the thing. bad cities around san diego county would still be considered golden when compared to detroit, east st, louis, newark, gary, etc.

oceanside is nice, but it has its bad days. escondido is nasty in many areas.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:46 PM

3,070 posts, read 10,701,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
In my state - Ohio

East side of Cleveland isnt pretty at all. There are a few areas of Cleveland that I would stay away from. Youngstown is just awful. Some parts of Dayton are all abandoned and crime-ridden. The east side of Columbus has gotten bad the past few years. I hear some parts of Cincinnati are too but I dont know enough about that to comment on it
The Eastside of Cleveland/East Cleveland is the worst area crime-wise and look-wise in Ohio. Youngstown is bad but its not as urban though. Cincinnati has some bad areas too. Columbus has some bad places but nothing close to the others.

Also Milwaukee is not near the most dangerous city, not per capita either. The worst areas of Milwaukee are West/NW of downtown. The North Central area is one of the nicer areas of the city. Ive never hear of declaring part of a city a warzone? If one was then Detroit/Cleveland/Baltimore would have huge areas declared warzones way before Milwaukee would.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:51 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,118,885 times
South Scottsdale! Homes there are worth less than $500,000. And there are Hispanics!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:39 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,205,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
We all know about Camden, NJ, Detroit, Little Rock & New Orleans. Those in NYC, California, Florida may also have troubles pinpointing a hotspot. But how about other places?
Which part of your town or state will you go out of your way to avoid?
I should have avoided this city altogether but anyway^

I would say the worst known sections of Philadelphia are north and west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.