U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM

3,070 posts, read 10,702,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Most people may think of neighborhoods in the Bronx or Brooklyn when they think of NY, but there are far more dangerous places in NY state. The Northeast quarter of Rochester is the worst for violence in the whole state. Rochester, I am sorry to say, has the highest murder rate in the state amd the NE quarter is a huge reason why. Hate to see that happening to the place I grew up
Not meaning to attack you, but that is completely false. The worst areas by far in NY state are all in or right around NYC. Right now and historically, the Bronx alone has had areas that are much worse than any area in NY state, they make Buffalos worst areas look nice. As far as crime, there are still really dangerous areas in NYC, specifically areas in the South Bronx, South Queens and Queensbridge, North and East Brooklyn, and Uptown Manhattan(although that area has improved a lot). Dont let NYCs murder rate fool you, there are neighborhoods in the city with many many times that rate, much higher than any other place in NY state. Just to correct you.

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 11-15-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:09 AM

505 posts, read 1,225,148 times
In Massachusetts, I'd say:

-Areas outside of downtown Boston like Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan, and maybe Somerville and parts of Medford
-Lowell, although I think its gotten better over the years
-Leominster and Fitchburg (or at least thats what I've heard)
-Parts of Brockton
-Areas of Springfield

Old 11-15-2008, 11:32 AM

821 posts, read 830,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem3456 View Post
In Massachusetts, I'd say:

-Areas outside of downtown Boston like Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan, and maybe Somerville and parts of Medford
-Lowell, although I think its gotten better over the years
-Leominster and Fitchburg (or at least thats what I've heard)
-Parts of Brockton
-Areas of Springfield
What about Lynn? "Lynn, the city of sin, you never come out the way you went in"

Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM

505 posts, read 1,225,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
What about Lynn? "Lynn, the city of sin, you never come out the way you went in"
Lol. Yes, I forgot about Lynn.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 AM

880 posts, read 2,529,613 times
In Atlanta, the Pittsburgh neighborhood was rated the most dangerous in American a couple years ago. I remeber being on school field trips and being told to get under our seats because automatic gunfire was going off! Clayton County is probably the most crime ridden suburb of Atlanta.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 AM

9,423 posts, read 18,320,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Utica too.

Honestly, theres no area of Boston I'd really avoid but I guess you'd have to say Mattapan, Dorchester, and Roxbury. Well, certain areas of each. Chelsea and Everett are essentially rough areas in Boston too. Other cities in Mass that might make the list are Lowell, Lawrence, Brockton, New Bedford, Fall River, Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee.
How could you forget Lynn?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 23,562 times
How did Newark, and Irvington not make the list. Take a drive down the Garden State Parkway sometime most digusting cities ever

Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM

3,191 posts, read 5,838,554 times
I haven't seen anyone mention one of my favorites, Gary, Indiana.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, there is no area in Pittsburgh that is "Dangerous", but then I guess it's how you define "dangerous".

Unfortunatley, with the departure of the steel mills, a lot of small towns along the rivers have become run down, and inevitably crime has crept in.

In the city itself, in 2008, the North side of Pittsburgh seemed to be the most active crime wise. We can't forget the "Hill" District (yes, the focal point of the former tv series "Hill Street Blues"). On the east side of the city, we have Homewood that has been notorious for murder over the years, and the borough of Wilkinsburg.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,135,929 times
Well in NJ (other than Camden and Newark) There's,
Irvington
East Orange
Paterson
and some would consider Elizabeth dangerous.
Atlantic City

Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,431,331 times
For Maryland it's very very very easy Baltimore, but it's being said the Prince George county will surpass Baltimore in crime in the near future!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.