Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM

132 posts, read 388,647 times

Advertisements

In Memphis
North Memphis
South Memphis
South of Midtown
Southeast Memphis
Of these sections there are almost 50 neighborhoods and U can go from a millon dollar house to a 35,000 dollar house in a sec
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,625,049 times
Most dangerous part of my city is the Southeast side(Colorado Springs). But even that side of the city isn't all that bad.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:54 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,287 times
You can say all of Jersey's city. They are pretty nasty but in specifics from what I know, seen and heard. The east side of Elizabeth, The Bricks aka Newark mostly everything west of Penn Station. When you go eastward, you're mostly good but it's still Newark though. The eastside of Irvington, the city is bad but the eastside is the worst part of town. East Orange has some real nasty parts especially going towards Newark going towards North 20th. Orange is run down. Trenton is nasty. Camden is nasty. Atlantic City is nasty. Paterson is nasty. Never been there before but I heard that Vineland is rough too. Asbury Park. New Brunswick has some bad parts. Roselle. South Plainfield. Jersey City going westward especially. There's probably more though but these are most of the known parts that's always being talked about.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Disgusting?
From the Parkway, EO and Irvington don't look that bad visually (from the parkway anyway). The city has nice architecture, they were once middle class cities until crack took over.

Now the turnpike can be disgusting. Elizabeth-Carteret-Linden, egh.
How many times am I going to repeat this? East Orange and Irvington didn't start getting rough until around the year right before and after 2000, long after crack had its run. In the 80s and 90s, those cities were safe. I know because I used to live and go around both. You didn't hear anything about those towns until after 2000 because there was nothing going on. Stop talking about stuff you don't know.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:22 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,004,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
In Memphis
North Memphis
South Memphis
South of Midtown
Southeast Memphis
Of these sections there are almost 50 neighborhoods and U can go from a millon dollar house to a 35,000 dollar house in a sec
Just say....

Memphis

It's easier that way. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 AM

82 posts, read 395,350 times
I've lived in northern NJ all 22 years of my life (union county to be exact) just 10min from Newark, 5 min from Elizabeth.

For NJ in my opinion looking at stats and what I know in order.

1. Irvington / Camden
2. East orange / Trenton
(Crime has decreased in East orange)
3. Newark (Higest number of murders)
4. Jersey City / Paterson
5. Elizabeth / Plainfield
6. Atlantic City
(I could have a bigger list but these are absolutley the top 6)

I have done research on the most dangerous cities in my state and all of america. Camden is definatley the ugliest ghetto of Nj and one of the ugliest in the USA, probably right behind detroit and north philly. Camden NJ has been nammed most dangerous place in america for years. However wikipedia claims irvington nj is more dangerous than camden statistically, which would make it the most dangerous place in the nation, wikipedia claims Irvington did not make the list because they didn't count cities with a population less than 77,000. The debate between camden or irvington being most dangerous is ongoing, the stats come very very close between the two, irvington has more crime each year than camden and almost 20,000 fewer people. However it was reported one year camden beat irvington's crime stats and reached the highest reported crimes per capita out of any city in the nation. So its up to you to decide I honestly call it a tie.

Fun fact: Detroit and Chicago have the highest number of different dangerous "neighborhoods". Supposedly the most dangerous neighborhood in any city was the "over the ryhne" section of Cincinatti.

Last edited by Gonutz nj; 05-18-2010 at 01:04 AM..

Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 AM

7 posts, read 10,291 times
Well, I live in Fargo, ND and it is considered a pretty safe place. The metro population is about 200,000 here.

I feel safe walking at night pretty much everywhere here, but if I had to pick one place I'd rather not be it would be Community Homes. This is one of the subsidized housing areas in Fargo. I know it's not that unsafe compared to some of the neighborhoods I've been to in bigger cities, but what can I say? I'm a pansy from ND

Old 05-18-2010, 01:48 AM

82 posts, read 395,350 times
I lived in NJ all my life. I now live in the city of Danville in VA. I know the area very well. We have a murder about once a month, and on a bad month we'll have a decent number of shootings or stabbings. Which is not very good for a city with a population of only about 40,000 people. However Most serious violent crimes and murders only happen in these two areas.

1. at the bottom of the North Main street neighborhoods (If you look on google map the whole area Anywhere from 3rd ave down to River st) From 1st street down to River street is an actual ghetto and Most definatley! the most dangerous area of Danville.

2. The streets that border DCC (Kemper road, Dudley street, Hughes street, South main street) Which is the southside of the city. Also ghetto.

Other area's known to have high crime and some violent crime is Westover Drive and Southern Central area (Main street/South main street/Broad st/Central blvd/Green st).

Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,335,409 times
tn has a real problem w/ meth in east and middle tn. according my uncle, who was involved in the drug task force, it has to do w/ economy and the high influx of hispanics, who bring drugs from the texas border on interstate 40. interstate 40 is supposedly has a drug nickname, because so many drugs come to the state in cars and semi trucks, etc.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 AM

404 posts, read 591,231 times
St. Louis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.