Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 AM

16 posts, read 17,686 times

Advertisements

I'm from murrels inlet SC and RN-BSN with one year med surg experience. I would like to move for a fresh start. I've visited/lived shortly in other states/regions of US, and want to stay in the south. It feels like home. However, I need a fresh start. I've narrowed my two choices down, now I just need opinions !
1.) Raleigh NC. or 2) Pensacola Florida
How I made my decision:
NC has beautiful scenery
Mild winter
Approximity to the beach
Duke hospital with many nursing opps
Nice people
2) Pensacola
At first, I vacationed in Fort Lauderdale and loved iT! The water was so beautiful there. Did my research and rent was too high there for my budget so after some research I decided on Pensacola, or somewhere close near by the gulf.
I want the city that has a better COL. I can afford 800-900 TOPS per rent Monthly.
Nursing job abundancies.
Lots to do, that doesn't include clubbing & night bars
Nice people! Easy to make friends as it was in SC! Southern hospitality !
Abundance of young professionals late 20s-late 30s
I'm torn because NC was my first choice but when I visited Florida I feel in love, but only from a vacationers stand point. I have no idea what it's like to live there. I've heard awful things about Florida and am curious why?!
THANKS SO MUCH
God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.