U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 02:05 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,633,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If you seriously want good seafood, you can go to Ruth's Chris, it will co$t you though
Yeah and I'm a college student, I can't do that! Haha if only, that would be the dream.

There is actually a really cheap, but good, seafood restaurant at the corner of 59th Ave and Union Hills in Glendale called Pier 83 where you can get a big and delicious clam chowder bread bowl. But there is no replacement for that here in Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 02:39 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,111,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Parts of US 20 in NY may be a better fit then. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9126...7i13312!8i6656

Parts of US 9 also in NY seems to fit as well: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9390...7i13312!8i6656
Yes! That U.S. 20 example you showed me is what I'm talking about, but now the U.S. 9 example.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Places like US-31 from South Bend to Indianapolis? Are we referring to roads with the "Michigan Left"?
Yes...that US-31 example is what I'm talking about!

Those are virtually nonexistent in New England!

Old 07-21-2016, 03:12 PM

4,342 posts, read 7,416,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yes...that US-31 example is what I'm talking about!

Those are virtually nonexistent in New England!
I haven't been following the boards very much lately, but I thought you moved to Columbus, Ohio a few months ago. Are you back in CT now? I think there are a lot of roads like you are describing in Upper Midwest/Great Lakes states like Ohio, especially since they have vast rural areas and are as flat as a board in many places.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I haven't been following the boards very much lately, but I thought you moved to Columbus, Ohio a few months ago. Are you back in CT now? I think there are a lot of roads like you are describing in Upper Midwest/Great Lakes states like Ohio, especially since they have vast rural areas and are as flat as a board in many places.
A few months ago? Lol. I moved to Columbus a year ago, but only lived there for 9 months, then moved back to CT in March and started a new job. So I've been back in CT for about 4 months now.

But you're right. The Midwest has a lot of roads like that. THe whole country does really. Just not the northeast!

Old 07-21-2016, 10:38 PM

1,934 posts, read 1,698,330 times
I'm jealous of the autumn leaves that New England has. I'm jealous of the thunderstorms that the south gets, and I want to be able to experience a white Christmas...at least once.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:56 AM

4,342 posts, read 7,416,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
A few months ago? Lol. I moved to Columbus a year ago, but only lived there for 9 months, then moved back to CT in March and started a new job. So I've been back in CT for about 4 months now.

But you're right. The Midwest has a lot of roads like that. THe whole country does really. Just not the northeast!
Oh, sorry, guess I've been away longer than I thought, lol.

I've only been to New England once about eight years ago, but I get what you're saying. I can specifically remember driving from Plymouth, MA to Newport, RI and noticing how condensed and populated everything seemed to my lifelong Upper Midwest trained eyes. It just seemed like every single inch of space was taken up by something, whether it be a house, a business, or whatever. Not that it wasn't very nice, just very different from what I'm used to. Where I live, we get everywhere by rural expressways and when I look out my back window there are cornfields and woods as far as the eye can see.

I guess it's all perspective. If I was to visit Montana or Wyoming, then Ohio and Michigan would probably seem crowded and condensed.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Oh, sorry, guess I've been away longer than I thought, lol.

I've only been to New England once about eight years ago, but I get what you're saying. I can specifically remember driving from Plymouth, MA to Newport, RI and noticing how condensed and populated everything seemed to my lifelong Upper Midwest trained eyes. It just seemed like every single inch of space was taken up by something, whether it be a house, a business, or whatever. Not that it wasn't very nice, just very different from what I'm used to. Where I live, we get everywhere by rural expressways and when I look out my back window there are cornfields and woods as far as the eye can see.

I guess it's all perspective. If I was to visit Montana or Wyoming, then Ohio and Michigan would probably seem crowded and condensed.
Yeah it is all perspective. When I was living in Ohio, I was often jealous of the progressive politics of New England and the east coast. And I was jealous of the people/culture. And the hills and mountains, etc. But now that I'm back home, I feel like moving again. LMAO!

Old 07-22-2016, 07:47 AM

679 posts, read 462,982 times
As the OP stated, I am also jealous of the highways in the Mid West and the West(excluding CA). It's nice to drive on a long,straight, open road. You don't find that in New England. While I love it here, and some of the hilly, curvy roads can be fun to drive on, it would be nice to drive from point A to point B on a nice open road.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:19 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,136,059 times
In Colorado, I hear we are jealous of no state. This is the place! (Sorry Utah). As stated at the roll call at the RNC "We are God's piece of real estate!"

I would like to see our freeway speeds increased to 80, but the highways are so bad that's probably not a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or